Impala Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have an 04 Imp SS (indy limited edition), and soon after I purchased it (Oct of 05) I wrote G.M. and asked about production numbers on this particular edition. They wrote back and said there were 4088 produced and I have the 2556th unit. I live in California and I had it shipped by truck from Chicago; (sight unseen) Carmax found it for me and promised it was a pristine car. They were right. It had 15k miles on it, never wrecked, etc. I recently upgraded to 18" black, 5-spoke wheels with P245/45ZR18 Toyos. Also, I have added darker tint on all windows, including windshield. I installed a windscreen in front of the sunroof. It sure cut down the wind noise! I am planning on a [email protected] cold air intake with filter next. It supposed to increase H.P. by almost 14. I sometimes worry about the transmission, as it makes a high whine when it's cold. I have heard of problems with the standard Impalas, but I think the supercharged units have a stronger tranny. I have to research this....I've had my SS for 3 years and it never gets boring. I love it!
who and where did you talk to at gm do you have number name or department. I just picked one up, I'd like to know where I could get a replacement certificate for it. I've got the title for it all the badging for it including floor mats just need the certificate and what number it was

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey I know this is the wrong place to post. I am an 8th gen member and owner. My neighbor has a 2004 Indianapolis addition that she's selling it has 200k and trans issues. The car is immaculate and is asking $1000.00. Do you all think I should buy it?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Hey I know this is the wrong place to post. I am an 8th gen member and owner. My neighbor has a 2004 Indianapolis addition that she's selling it has 200k and trans issues. The car is immaculate and is asking $1000.00. Do you all think I should buy it?
I would :eek:k3:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sounds like a good deal!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do and love it as well! I really like my sequence number..... #1 ,320 or the quarter mile Indy!! she has some rust on the sub frame on rear passenger side not visible unless on a lift but other than that everything looks great. spent most of its life in upstate NY, SALT!!! Now in NJ. Has 132,000 miles.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You should post some pics!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im new to the forums and wanted to get some input. I currently have the opportunity to buy an Indianapolis edition for 1800 with about 230k miles and was wondering if it was worth the purchase. I currently own an 06 LT but came across this recently.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts