Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a loooong way from now but eventually I want to fix my Impala up, fresh paint, nice bodywork, the works.

I told my roommate I wanna put white walls on it, because I just love that classic look. He thinks it's just plain stupid. What do you guys think?

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
If it an older impala 70's and older then yes, if its a modern one it would look weird!
x2 depends on the year. Newer ones maybe with vogue tires, but even then.. I'd say stick to blackwall or possibly RWL tires, again depending on the year :eek:k3:

Edit: just saw you have a 2000. DEFINITELY stick to the blackwalls. Any tire other than a blackwall tire looks horrible on a 7th gen imo

·
Registered
41 Posts
I actually saw a 06-07 model, sandy beige, rag top, 18" chrome "cadillac style" rims, on white walls, to be honest, it looked like one hell of a ride, if your into that look

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I mean I could see vogue tires on a car like that. Some nice chrome cadillac 18s to match

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I've seen a couple 8th gens like that. With the soft top and whitewalls. Must be some kind of package. On a 7th gen I say no.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn. I wish they had a little emoticon for crying lol.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
If you wanna go with the nostalgic look get some 9c1 wheels with red line tires :eek:k3:

Reactions: Burt and tjeick

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Gotta agree with Scotty. Other than the new VW Beetle, Fiat 500, and some rare cars like Morgans, most ne cars don't need whitewalls

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
here ya go tjeick

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I think it might look good the depends on the color of the car.

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Too bad they don't make add on whitewalls like they used to , you could try them and then deside :clap:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it might look good the depends on the color of the car.
It's a white 7th gen, but I'ma give it a paint job, so I might change it to something that will go better with white walls.

All this talk of red lines and vogue tires is awesome, I might want to try that out.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Steelies/red lines on a dark blue / black car would look good in my opinion. I think the whitewalls would look the best on a dark red 8th gen as opposed to a 7th gen. That being said, it's your car, not mine, it's what you want.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts