Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, question- I'll be taking the dash off once and I do NOT want to be doing it multiple times, so I'm gonna ask this now:

I want to put in some white face gauges as opposed to the factory grey ones. I saw somewhere that someone put blue LEDs in as their gauge back-lights too

do the hands slide off the gauges and then I can just switch the faces and bulbs or do I have to send them out to have that done?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ok, question- I'll be taking the dash off once and I do NOT want to be doing it multiple times, so I'm gonna ask this now:

I want to put in some white face gauges as opposed to the factory grey ones. I saw somewhere that someone put blue LEDs in as their gauge back-lights too

do the hands slide off the gauges and then I can just switch the faces and bulbs or do I have to send them out to have that done?

thanks!!!
http://www.bbengineer.com/cars/impala/store.htm
as for the hands, im pretty sure they just pop right off

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BBEngineering Impala / Monte Carlo Products
as for the hands, im pretty sure they just pop right off
ok great... but the price is gonna kill me for the LED AND the overlays...
The other thing that I question is that is only says LS and SS and I have a base model 03.

Maybe I can find out where they get their supplies from and do it myself? Any tips or ideas?

·
Registered
823 Posts
LEDs for this should not run more than 20 bucks. If you pay more youre getting screwed. You want the 5 way LED bulbs for the dash backlights. If you get them soldered into the bases the price nearly doubles. It is easy but time consuming to reuse the factory twist in base.

The idiot lights can get expensive at 2-3 bucks a piece pre soldered into the base.

The overlays are expensive.

As for the needles they pull right out. Be careful they break easy. I always grab a spare set from the junkyard. A fork works well prying them out usually.

The white overlays tend to show uneven lighting from the LEDs alot worse than the factory.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok verdict: after staring at my gauges for about half an hour I decided that the white overlays aren't worth it- I'm just gonna get blue LEDs and do that while I have the dash off. I'll be putting my friend's 02 Camaro CD player in soon (I know I need another connector and so on) so I figure I'll just take a look then.

Also as an off topic side note, I got some stickers coming in the mail! "Chevy Racing (blue)" windsheild decal, and some mirror decals that say "objects in mirror are losing" because EVERYONE knows that putting stickers on your makes it go like... 6,000 mph faster... lolz

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
^Big ass decals like my Leaping Impala on my back window add 250HP, bitches!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Big ass decals like my Leaping Impala on my back window add 250HP, bitches!
AW HEEEEEEELL YEAH! lol

I was gonna get some really tacky bumper stickers for the hell of it but if I ever decide to get it painted someday then they'll go to waste... plus it's not my style lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts