Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 V6

I was really hoping to mount a set of auxiliary driving lights in my upper grill. I suspect this is an airbag or collision sensor of some type. Of course it's in the way of what I'd like to do.

Can someone confirm or make a suggestion?
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don’t but tonight I’ll take some highlighting the setup. I mounted the diode dynamic pods on specially fit pcs of 2x4 sprayed black using carriage bolts to hold them to the plastic under piece. I cannot reach them to clean them with out removing the bumper skin. Idc tho I think it’s a great setup, aesthetically and functionally. Beams of light for a mile on the dark hwy while alone bc they’re ridiculously bright and effective.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Tire Atmosphere Wheel Vehicle Ecoregion

Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
This is how they look at night. The day pic didn’t really show their effectiveness. I’d include one of down road but those always seem skewed.
Diode dynamics
Their wiring kit is too short so I had to add to both sides I also chose to put wiring in loom to help disguise it. The switch is below the ac control just above the compartment in front of the gear selector. I also had custom mounted my bass knob through the bottom of that panel on the bottom lip of that area.
I’ll include another pic lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts