Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need an answer asap. i need to know the reliability of these vehicles also.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You are asking on an Impala site? We recommend Impala's (or other B-body cars). For a good, reliable, fun to drive car why drive anything else?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never go Chrysler. I think those Stratus' have the battery located in the left front tire. Such a pain in the butt to test or replace one.

I'm a diehard GM guy but I would never recommend buying a GM with a 3.4L because of the terrible lower intake manifold gaskets. The Rendevous only comes with a 3.4L so stay away from that.

Highly recommend a 3.8L Impala. One of the most dependable engines out there. Every manufacture and car has its problems but these are reliable.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Never go Chrysler. I think those Stratus' have the battery located in the left front tire. Such a pain in the butt to test or replace one.

I'm a diehard GM guy but I would never recommend buying a GM with a 3.4L because of the terrible lower intake manifold gaskets. The Rendevous only comes with a 3.4L so stay away from that.

Highly recommend a 3.8L Impala. One of the most dependable engines out there. Every manufacture and car has its problems but these are reliable.
I agree the 3.8 is a very good motor. Its been in production since the 60's, I believe. The Imp with the 3.8 is the most reliable of the listed cars.
I also agree with the skip the sebring option, chances are you will have transmision problems.

·
Registered
119 Posts
All things equal between the Impala and the Redevoux I bet you can get the Buick for less $$.

Both are reliable cars. The buicks are ugly as sin but they ride nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts