Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pennzoil seems to be the preferred brand here, but when I look for the product, I see there are 2 versions of this Full Synthetic oil.

I've tried to find the difference between the two and get lost in the mountain of search hits.

Even their website is rather vague on the differences, referring to the Ultra as "Extreme Performance", with not one detail of description.

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/education/tools/which-pennzoil-is-right-for-you/_jcr_content/par/textimage.stream/1477429806951/cd7f08c5f4612a907de64b3993a98ceb838c2a111e5a50422eeeb73ad41d9140/PNZ-Comparison-Chart1.pdf

They also don't seem to offer the Ultra as an Extended Performance (mileage) oil like Mobil 1 does with their EP.

I did find a rebate for 10 bucks.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/90/01/79/98/9001799870._CB298595177_.pdf

What's the deal, do I just cough up the extra bucks for Ultra and trust them I need to?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I use Platinum. I tried Ultra Platinum once and had some oil consumption issues that I've never had with Platinum.... So I still with Platinum. Not really sure exactly what the difference is other than Ultra Platinum is supposed to somehow be "better".

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think ultra platinum keeps the engine 15 to 20% cleaner than platinum. Thats what i saw on the chart they had comparing the two awhile back. Either way you using the best oil on the market.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ultra platinum is just a better version of platinum lol. I use ultra because its usually on sale at walmart for the same or cheaper than regular platinum...... 0 oil issues with my car and i beat the hell out of my engine (once warmed), also got a catch can installed. Catch can seemed to keep oil cleaner IMO. Less of a *gas/fuel* smell to the oil.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I never once have found the ultra locally at all, between my massive Walmart, 3 napas, an advanced auto and autozone. So I just use the platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I never once have found the ultra locally at all, between my massive Walmart, 3 napas, an advanced auto and autozone. So I just use the platinum.

Me 2 lol. Its like a legendary pokemon. Lol. But you can find the 1 quart bottles at pepboys it has the old label tho "Pennzoil ULTRA". Other than that you mainly have to order through walmart website or amazon.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Elite Engineering. Single valve in/out... mine mounts to rad support bolt. Its technically for the camaro lfx.... was about 250ish Canadian.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
286 Posts

Me 2 lol. Its like a legendary pokemon. Lol. But you can find the 1 quart bottles at pepboys it has the old label tho "Pennzoil ULTRA". Other than that you mainly have to order through walmart website or amazon.
Hahah really? Our wall marts aren't that big and i always see them lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts