Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Charger SXT but it was stolen and totaled!!! So now I'm in the market for a new car. I'm currently stuck between a 91 Mustang GT or a 95 Impala SS. This would also be my everyday driver car but i still want a lil fun. Is any engine more reliable?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
:thatswck: That is not even a choice for most people, let alone people on a CHEVY FORUM. You cannot compare a compact ford (POS) to a full size Chevy. If you are single and don't care what people think of you or your car, pick the 91 ford (POS). If you are not single and care at all what people think than go with the Chevy. Yes its bigger but it will handle all your groceries, luggage,a family of 5 and still have MORE power than that ford and get decent mileage.

Let the forum speak up and agree or prove me wrong.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
:thatswck: That is not even a choice for most people, let alone people on a CHEVY FORUM. You cannot compare a compact ford (POS) to a full size Chevy. If you are single and dont care what people think of you or your car, pick the 91 ford (POS). If you are not single and care at all what people think than go with the Chevy. Yes its bigger but it will handle all your groceries, luggage,a family of 5 and still have MORE power than that ford and get decent mileage.

Let the forum speak up and agree or prove me wrong.
+1, there is no comparison, the Impala SS wins hands down.

·
Banned
91 Posts
why would you even try to compare the two, especially on a CHEVY forum. there is no comparison between them, the chevy wins hands down. if i had the chance to buy an older impala such as the 95 SS i would def buy it, even if i wanted something else.

so hands down if i were you i would definatly go with the SS, forget the Mustang, unless its the fox body style with the 5.0, but that one is newer then that. i would NEVER EVER touch one. not only that but for a guy mustangs are kinda girlie... stick with the SS and you wont have problems.

thats my .02

·
Registered
292 Posts
Forget about the Mustang.

I would buy the Impala SS. It will cost less to insure, It rides better, You will get respect in the Hood... You can get a cat back exhaust and build a cold air kit
for less than $300.00:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
why would you even try to compare the two, especially on a CHEVY forum. there is no comparison between them, the chevy wins hands down. if i had the chance to buy an older impala such as the 95 SS i would def buy it, even if i wanted something else.

so hands down if i were you i would definatly go with the SS, forget the Mustang, unless its the fox body style with the 5.0, but that one is newer then that. i would NEVER EVER touch one. not only that but for a guy mustangs are kinda girlie... stick with the SS and you wont have problems.

thats my .02

Actually Ford used the Fox platform up until 1993. So yes the 1991 is indeed a Fox 5.0. Having said that, I think the Fox is one of the easiest and cheapest cars to mod and they can be deadly. Stroker swaps and E-cams the cars can pull. The 95-96 SS's are beastly too and obviously heavier but have more displacement and power stock. I love my 06 SS but if I was getting an older car it'd be the Fox, I've always wanted one.

·
Banned
117 Posts
I would also go for the SS esp being a 1995 model (OBD1).Also their is a fair amount of free and cheap mods you can do for them.

Mustangs are cool but they are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get both :wink:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

thats my .02
lol first yeah this dude doesnt know much about chevys or caprices/ impalas the 91 was a fox body which someone stated earlier which was the 5.0..... i would not dare to post this on a chevy forum but....... i have ridden in and drove my buddys 1993 5.0 and it was one of the most powerful cars ive drove in my life it will do donuts till the tires popped just like any of our b bodys, really the upgrade costs on the two cars are around the same , the horses can def come out to be the same....... i personally have always been a chevy fan and wanted a 1995 impala ss or caprice since i first seen one ...... and like previously stated the 4 doors always comes in handy for family or just someone wanting to get beat up and see all four doors open up with your homies hoppin out lol
and the 1995 has the obd1 so hands down the impala ( fukin ford fans ) lol :biggrin:

Actually Ford used the Fox platform up until 1993. So yes the 1991 is indeed a Fox 5.0. Having said that, I think the Fox is one of the easiest and cheapest cars to mod and they can be deadly. Stroker swaps and E-cams the cars can pull. The 95-96 SS's are beastly too and obviously heavier but have more displacement and power stock. I love my 06 SS but if I was getting an older car it'd be the Fox, I've always wanted one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Every teenager seems to have a 'rustang'...stick with the Impala...it'll command more respect on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im new to this forum.but ive had both.the mustange stock will quitaround 140 mph.the impala ss. will wave as he or she goes by if he or she hasnt already.youll be all cramped up .in the impala ss you have all kind of room and the ride is unbelieable.and if my memory is correct will stop quicker then the mustang.:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would buy the Impala SS. It will cost less to insure, It rides better, You will get respect in the Hood... You can get a cat back exhaust and build a cold air kit
for less than $300.00:cool:
They should put "respect in the hood" on those questionaires that automobile manufacturers send out. On a scale from 1-10 it would most definately be an 11!

wErd

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a choice of buying a 93 Mustang GT or a 94 Impala SS. Obviously i made the right choice. I wouldve kicked myself in the a** if i wouldve bought the mustang. Oh yeah get the Impala SS. Trust me you will not regret it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
impala

get the impala i got one its FFast those mustangs are over rated my budddddy got one and i smoked him 10 car lengths

·
Registered
78 Posts
mustangs are jokes CHEVY or nothing sorry to hear about the sxt tho that sucks but gettting a mustang after that would be like getting a a scooter after having a crotch rocket like a yamaha R6 or something like that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts