Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got an 05 Impala LS 3.8. can anyone recommend which CAI i should get? i Also plan on adding a new exhaust, and a supercharger down the road.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
home depot FWI FTW!

It was extended into the fender well, but i took that piece out for the pic ;)

Make your own and save some $

grab a Balzer PCM tray, some fittings from hightempsilicone.com and double wall abs from home depot, the ones in the pic are just fernco fittings, but they dont like the heat too well, they'll only last a year or so before deforming and need replacing

·
Registered
358 Posts
if u dont like the home made one jmb performance has bolt on fwi you can check mine out i have pics in my garage

·
Registered
2 Posts
if u dont like the home made one jmb performance has bolt on fwi you can check mine out i have pics in my garage
Does the JMB require any fenderwell (external and internal) mods to install? If so, what needed to be done?

It looks like a pretty clean install. Thanks for the photos of it in your garage.

·
Registered
358 Posts
from what i remember just bending a little peice of metal on the inside of the fender nothing hard or bad for the car at all. the instuction's with the intake have it all covered, o and make sure you buy it from jmb itself because other places dont have the pcm bracket that you will need.
also sorry it took so long for the reply im in the middle of moving, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts