Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, is it worth it to buy the intake kit rather than just a k & n filter? Also, my plan is to buy an exhaust system as well, but will have to wait a little longer for that? Where is the best price for the magnaflow system?
What have you guys done?

Adam
Granger, IN

·
Registered
55 Posts
Intake

I went to street side auto and they had a coupon which saved me about $50.00 I believe fast20 was the coupon code. I have installed the part and can't tell you if there is a horsepower increase or anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Exhaust

I am wondering myself is it best to just go to parts store and by performance mufflers and have muffler shop install them with their new pipes. Maybe someone else could add in and provide better info, good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Prices I got on My K&N and Magnaflow system.

I got My 63-3059 K&N Air Intake for $249.44 with free shipping from eBay seller: storechampion (haven't received it yet) & my 16707 Magnaflow System for $691.33 with free shipping from eBay seller: wundercarparts. I received it in about a week. I have yet to install it. I can't wait. The Magnaflow website has a video of it installed on an SS & it sounds GREAT! K&N claims a 13 HP increase over stock. Combined with the exhaust, I'm hoping for 20-30 HP. We'll see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
buykn.com/catalog/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=1751

$218.77

·
Registered
11 Posts
First of all, is it worth it to buy the intake kit rather than just a k & n filter? Also, my plan is to buy an exhaust system as well, but will have to wait a little longer for that? Where is the best price for the magnaflow system?
What have you guys done?

Adam
Granger, IN
I have the magnaflow 16707 and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here magnaflow 16707, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts