Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bang: Car was fine one day, now all this... Naturally the car has been bulletproof until I attempt to sell it :WTF:

- Car won't turn over, no solenoids engage anywhere
- Fuel pump not running
- Headlights won't work
- Turn signals won't work, only interior indicators
- Parking lamps don't work
- Only middle (3rd) brake light works
- Gear indicator not working though I can shift gears, without pressing the brake
- Radio doesn't work
- All economy has been erased
- Check airbag light on
- Check electrical charging system error
- Fuel gauge not working
- Trunk release from key fob doesn't work though unlock/lock do

Here's what I've tried and what works
- New battery
- Inspected/cleaned battery cables
- Checked fuses
- Windows work
- blower motor works
- Seats work
- Interior lights work

Video:

I'm hoping this is just a simple fuse or known relay issue somewhere I've overlooked. Anybody have ideas?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Defiantly sounds like the BCM needs programmed by GM if it hasn't already been.

·
Registered
536 Posts
copied this from another post. sounds similarIf your car was built before 2/16/2010, and I suspect that it was, their is a TSB #PI0144 on your issue and the PPS problem is related to it.
do these issues sound familiar??

• The air bag light is on.
• The MIL is illuminated.
• There are multiple warning lights on.
• The instrument cluster is flashing.
• The radio, HVAC, heated seats, door locks or theft deterrent systems are not functioning properly.
• There is a no crank condition.

If so their may be caused by the inflatable restraint passenger presence system module electrical pigtail harness being chafed and shorted to ground by the bottom of the seat pan. If the low speed GMLAN circuit is shorted you get most of the weird issues that you are describing.
For you to confirm this on your own disconnect all the wiring from underneath the RF seat that go from the seat to under the floor. The service air bag light will be on but if nothing else happens you have found the area of interest and someone will need to remove the RF seat bottom and inspect the PPS wiring for shorts/chafing/broken wires. Repair the wires and wrap the wire harness in Woven Polyester (PET) Electrical Tape to eliminate any further chafing. Good LUCK!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Good find lugs! Hope it helps the OP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ignition switch problem? theft deterrent problem? when you replaced the bcm did you reprogram it?
I wondered about theft as well, wasn't quite sure what the 9c1 had in store for theft deterrence. Seems like a LOT of theft deterrence to disable all this.

I haven't had it reprogrammed yet, wanted to first see if anything changed at all with the new BCM but no symptoms were alleviated. Same as original BCM.

Defiantly sounds like the BCM needs programmed by GM if it hasn't already been.
I'll have that checked, perhaps when I tried to start it the programming was screwed in some way? :dunno:

copied this from another post. sounds similarIf your car was built before 2/16/2010, and I suspect that it was, their is a TSB #PI0144 on your issue and the PPS problem is related to it.
do these issues sound familiar??

• The air bag light is on.
• The MIL is illuminated.
• There are multiple warning lights on.
• The instrument cluster is flashing.
• The radio, HVAC, heated seats, door locks or theft deterrent systems are not functioning properly.
• There is a no crank condition.

If so their may be caused by the inflatable restraint passenger presence system module electrical pigtail harness being chafed and shorted to ground by the bottom of the seat pan. If the low speed GMLAN circuit is shorted you get most of the weird issues that you are describing.
For you to confirm this on your own disconnect all the wiring from underneath the RF seat that go from the seat to under the floor. The service air bag light will be on but if nothing else happens you have found the area of interest and someone will need to remove the RF seat bottom and inspect the PPS wiring for shorts/chafing/broken wires. Repair the wires and wrap the wire harness in Woven Polyester (PET) Electrical Tape to eliminate any further chafing. Good LUCK!
Well certainly could describe all the random issues I'm having, I'll have to try that. Thanks for the post!

Good find lugs! Hope it helps the OP!
:hope:

Thanks for the quick posts guys, much appreciated. Friend of mine is bringing a TechII tomorrow so we can take a look further.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Good Luck with it man, keep us posted

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I believe these BCM's are VIN number specific therefor dropping one in a new vehicle causes problems. It NEEDS to be programmed by a dealer.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
^ this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts