Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother recently purchased a 60 impala and cant find the vin,the stamp on the door frame and dashboard have the body type,color,date of manufacture but no vin#.I was told it was stamped on the frame but am not sure where.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It should be either under the hood on the firewall, up in the corner of the windshield on the driver's side, or in the drivers door, either on the back of the door or on the shoulder of the door or door jam.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inside the door frame is what I remember. Look near the driver-side door hinge on the body it's-self? The vin back then was only 8 characters or less but was stamped all over the drivetrain and frame. Did your brother receive a state title from the seller in the state that it was sold? If not-you might try an out of state title'er that specializes in old title re-assignments.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to look under the hood in the lefthand side of the firewall, if it's not there try the radiator support

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to look under the hood in the lefthand side of the firewall, if it's not there try the radiator support

1 - 8 of 8 Posts