Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting engine fumes inside the car on my 2000 impala ls. I have replaced the air filter, which helped some but I am still getting fumes inside the cabin of the car. I read a thread that mentioned the cabin filter. I could not find it in my auto manual, visually or through this site as of yet. Anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are correct about the air filter.

I found the cabin air filer below the windshield wiper. It was absolutely filthy but as you stated it was not the problem. I will have to get under the hood later today. I will have to trace the gas and vacuum lines to start with. Of course this is just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is a number of things that can cause fumes in the cabin you could have a exhaust leak fuel line leak intake leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found half the issue

I haven't nailed down the creation of the fumes but I have found the major entry way to the cabin. At the rear of the drivers side fender there's a styrofoam barrier that was rotated. That cut off most of the fumes. I also had to repair the door trim that allowed the fumes through. I am on to locating the fume source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts