Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory exhaust. I have the 5.0 v8 TBI.

I want a dual flowmaster exhaust. With an H pipe.

Thanks.

P.s. IS there a site for 80-89 Caprice performance parts or body Parts?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Screw the H pipe, go with an X pipe if you want a cross over. Any exhaust shop can make a decent system and mufflers are dirt cheap on ebay.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Is that price with or without mufflers? I had the same price quote from a local shop, but when I started asking questions I found out. Price was quoted without mufflers, and they will not do it without cats, and on top of that, they will only either reuse the old cat, or use a brand new one, despite the car being emissions exempt. Plus the dual exhaust can't be routed without modifying or replacing the crossmember.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That price was new cats and included mufflers. They weren't FM ones rather plain ol' glass packs.

Is that price with or without mufflers? I had the same price quote from a local shop, but when I started asking questions I found out. Price was quoted without mufflers, and they will not do it without cats, and on top of that, they will only either reuse the old cat, or use a brand new one, despite the car being emissions exempt. Plus the dual exhaust can't be routed without modifying or replacing the crossmember.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Holy toledo!, I need to shop around a little more. My wife is from oregon ohio btw.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well, this is a guy that I know semi-well. I send him a lot of referrals and he scratches my back. Yup, I'm very close to Oregon. I'm about halfway between Perrysburg and Woodville if you know where that is. In fact, someone just recently put up a '92+ 9C1 for sale less than a mile from my house for $1500. The body is rough from what I can tell. I need to stop and take a look-sie!

Holy toledo!, I need to shop around a little more. My wife is from oregon ohio btw.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yep, I was just there for thanksgiving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts