Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a lowrider chevy impala and I want to buy a new engine for it, I heard theres a couple different types I can install in it a 327 or a 397?
but I would take any type of good engine/ or the original impala engine. Where can I buy one?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bet the ol' 350 smallblock would slide right into that engine bay pretty easily. The 350 isn't much of a glorious engine though. You would have to do some checking with hotrod shops and engine rebuilers to see if you can locate any of the other engines. Hmm, a nice 409 dual-quad setup would be pretty sweet, and hard to find and expensive too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any first Gen. Sm. Blk. chevy engine would fit in your 64 Impala. 265-400 sm. block. First what size do you want? Small block or Big block. I would scan your local CraigsList for lots of motors, needed to be rebuilt or already done or used running. Keep in mind a big block will need stiffer front springs and different motor mounts. One can find chevy 350's all day long for under 300.00 bucks, but will need rebuilding, or honning at the mimimum when all measured to determine if its a self rebuildable block or to be machined.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts