Impala Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 Impala LS that I am working on changing to my needs and preferences.. I am looking for some Impala Police Style Rims (like on the 9C1) the only problem is that my Impala does not have hub caps that could be removed, it is a full aluminum rim so I need not only the chrome center cap but also the black rim to go with it.. please supply me with a source of where to find these, I need a set of 4 complete rims.. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't believe there's any thing special about the rims, more than likely they are just standard steel rims.
The radio tires on the other hand are specialty items designed for high speed driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only thing you need to be aware of is that the Police rims have 3 small threaded holes for mounting the center cap. They're not held on by lug bolts. The center caps can be found on ebay or purchased online through a dealer for about $60 a pop brand new.

I'm in the same boat actually as I want those rims but I'm having a heck of a time finding them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are alot more than that new. Through discount GM parts, they are about $124 a piece, or the regular steelies are about $70-80. I dont like the chevy police caps on the Impala, so I found a set of the chrome pancakes typically on the Vics (but without the logo). They look better, cover the lugnuts, and you dont need the 3 holed steelies. It makes them cheaper/easier to replace. Watch Ebay for the best deals on new/used steelies.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I'm not sure what radio tires are either, I thought they just ran regular ol' speed rated tires... Anyway, the newer ones have 20 holes around the wheel, and as far as I've been able to find, none of them come with the holes for the center caps, you have to drill and tap them yourself. I found a decent deal on the wheels at roadwheels.com, but they are used. The caps I don't really know where to get, but drilling those holes is tricky business. I would watch fleabay and the scrap yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.