Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Not sure eather,

I dressed up my own engine with some spray paint,paint markers,and some white wire loom (i think thats what ya'd call it).

When my car comes back from the shop i will post some pics of it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
This should do nicely!

This is the newest one for the 3.8 :wink:

HTH.

BTW... I hear they are coming out with a rear wheel drive / V8 conversion... :eek:

When they do, we'll let you shop in the Men's section :tongue:
lmao i needed a good laugh b4 i go to bed thanx Roadmonster!!!!!:biggrin::smile:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
LOL @ RM

what all are you looking for? most guys paint the engine cover, F-body 3800s had Alum Valve covers, so you could send them to get polished/Powder coated etc, theres companies that will polish the alt housing for you, Colored wire loom you can order from pretty much anywhere, etc...

·
Registered
358 Posts
This should do nicely!

This is the newest one for the 3.8 :wink:

HTH.

BTW... I hear they are coming out with a rear wheel drive / V8 conversion... :eek:

When they do, we'll let you shop in the Men's section :tongue:
nice!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any kind of spray paint should work on the cover?

Yea I know I don't own a muscle car. Wasn't really looking for one.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I used engine paint. I don't like how it worked out but oh well. Won't be my last car.

When in doubt, use the Meyagi method:

Well really, just take a good look at your engine and imagine what you want it to look like.

Then figure out how to make it look like it did on your mind. Be creative and you'll have a better looking engine. but the first thing to do is to clean the SOB as much as you can. Simple Green and a good steam clean does wonders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts