Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend has a 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham that has started making funny noises. They sound like they are coming from what appears to be an HVAC unit that is mounted on the top and slightly back of center of the driver's side wheel well in the engine compartment. The unit looks like a cylinder approx 4-5" in diameter with another shorter and slightly smaller cylinder to the side of it.

My guess is the HVAC, but I'm not sure and want to check out a diagram/schematic before answering him. The sound is the sound of a bearing going out, so there's something inside that is turning. It is not constant, but behaves consistent with other bad bearings that I've run across in my life.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like the air-ride suspension compressor..check with a dealer parts dept for an illustration or a shop manual like Chilton or Haynes from a parts store.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the air-ride suspension compressor..check with a dealer parts dept for an illustration or a shop manual like Chilton or Haynes from a parts store.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts