Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i´m out of states... but i want.. to imported... a original blue... NYPD patrol Caprice ...

where can i find it ?

post the link...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You cannot buy an NYPD police car in its original condition. Before the NYPD allows its retired police cars to be auctioned off, they would remove all of the police markings and the equipment onboard-- The flasher lights, the sirens, the radios, and other stuff.

If you still want to try, you can bid for one of the stripped former police cars at an NYPD auction. The NYPD runs its auctions regularly to get rid of surplus vehicles: http://home2.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/property_clerk/police_auctions.shtml

It might actually be easier for you to buy a Chevy Caprice and "dress it up" yourself, though keep in mind what the local laws where you are will allow. Here in NYC it's illegal for any private owner to own a police car unless you have a permit (such as for a film production company using it as a prop.).

Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a waste of money......cops cars are the most stupid thing to buy. They have been driven hard and rough (flooring it, jumping cubs, off raoding, etc.) when the car gets to be too much to maintian they sell it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
thats a waste of money......cops cars are the most stupid thing to buy. They have been driven hard and rough (flooring it, jumping cubs, off raoding, etc.) when the car gets to be too much to maintian they sell it.
Really?!?

Cop cars, specifically Caprice/Impala, have a list of strengthened and better components that are on them. Also, most municiple cars are very well maintained.

Look around a bit before spouting off about what may or may not be a waste of money.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts

You obviously know NOTHING. before giving people misleading information, try using your brain to think about something other than drugs. Police cars...ANY government owner piece of equipment is always maintained on a schedule. They are retired based on that agencies guidelines whether it be mileage or age. Anyone who has owned one knows they have lots of life left in them when they are retired, they were built for the most part to withstand the abuse.....ever wonder why TAXI's are former police cars??? because they are cheap and last a very long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got one for sale right now.

Here you can see many pic's: New York Police Car

It's not cheap because of all the taxes I have paid for the car. Here in Holland it's very expensive to buy and drive a car.
But this one has all the options of a real NYPD policecar. And yes it's a 9C1 with LT1 engine.

Johan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sweeeeeeet, yoyo. And thanks to you all for defending the retired police cars - those things were built to last and perform...

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Its not a big deal, lots of people come over when they get bored elsewhere and try to start sh*t, thats why they have only 1 or 2 posts. By the 3rd post we get involved on a diff. level:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its not a big deal, lots of people come over when they get bored elsewhere and try to start sh*t, thats why they have only 1 or 2 posts. By the 3rd post we get involved on a diff. level:)
What do you mean ? The topic say's that there's someone looking for a NYPD Patrol car. Nothing wrong with that ;)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts

If you look up on this thread posting, you will notice this quote im replying to.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes you're right :rolleyes: When you buy a used policecar you know you can expect alot of things. Ontopic: But mine is still for sale:smile:
You got to post a detailed thread telling us more about your car :biggrin:. Maybe even uploading some pics in the Garage. I'm interested about what people have to say in the Netherlands when they see it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nypd For Sale

I may consider parting with my pride and joy ? lets cut to the chase. keep in mind, it is a REAL NYPD caprice that I purchased MYSELF from new york city ! I do have the scissor bar for the rear of the roof as well.

Make me an offer that won't insult me or make me laugh.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was myself considering buying a 9C1 but this time I didnt go that way, but especially the ones that have been in some kind of "administrative" use are usually well taken care of and can be found with low mileage. And the regular highway patrol ones just arent that good unless you do a complete rebuild.

There are also some of those refurbished 9C1's that had new suspension parts, engine, tranny etc., so those can be very good cars too. I remember one recent from Ebay that had about $15k worth of new parts installed! And the car had only about 100,000miles or something...but money isnt an issue when taxpayers pay for it...

There seems to be lots of Caprice fans in Netherlands, here's one:

Nice looking black 9C1:
http://www.youtube.com/user/djurre26#p/a/u/2/9825BzYaM7U

·
Registered
47 Posts
You obviously know NOTHING. before giving people misleading information, try using your brain to think about something other than drugs. Police cars...ANY government owner piece of equipment is always maintained on a schedule. They are retired based on that agencies guidelines whether it be mileage or age. Anyone who has owned one knows they have lots of life left in them when they are retired, they were built for the most part to withstand the abuse.....ever wonder why TAXI's are former police cars??? because they are cheap and last a very long time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts