Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hung several times here yesterday, pages never would load. Seems to be better this morning.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, a couple of moderators reported site slowness to the AG team yesterday and I'm guessing that something was done becuase it's really snappy again now... It's been really slow for the past week or two, to be honest...

EDIT: Well, it's somewhat-snappy now. :) Some things still seem to take a long time - but definitely better than it was.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The responsiveness and operation of this website is often very poor. It is clear that the owner’s are only worried about their revenue from third-party content providers, and not with the quality of the site.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I wouldn't agree with that at all. Without the users, the site woulnd't exist and there wouldn't be ANY revenue - so of course they want the site to perform well.

To me, it seems like these performance-related issues started when they went with another "hosting system" (Google, I think it is). Previous to that, the site performed fine. Now it's very intermittent - sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's bad and sometimes it's REALLY bad.

Trust me, they are working on it - they want the users to have a good experience.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Seem to be having some issues today as well, pages not loading, got a vbulletin dbase server page a few minutes ago after the thread I tried to look at never loaded.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Seem to be having some issues today as well, pages not loading, got a vbulletin dbase server page a few minutes ago after the thread I tried to look at never loaded.
I noticed that, too. But, after hitting reload and waiting, they eventually loaded.

In hindsight, it appears it's on the head end. But my first thought, seeing how slowly my computer and network were performing, was that maybe it was on my end. That is, it seems like slow, balky connections are becoming the standard - it's crappy on my work computer and my home computer.

These days, nothing I click on responds very crisply :(

Doug

[Edit]To be clear, when I say crappy, I'm complaining about my machines and not this forum/server :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I noticed that, too. But, after hitting reload and waiting, they eventually loaded.

In hindsight, it appears it's on the head end. But my first thought, seeing how slowly my computer and network were performing, was that maybe it was on my end. That is, it seems like slow, balky connections are becoming the standard - it's crappy on my work computer and my home computer.

Doug

The site has been very slow and erratic.

Yesterday and today, the site is infected with malware for IPad users with the Safari browser (Amazon user - you’re a winner!!!!)

The site owners are content to receive third-party advertising money without checking the integrity of the ads. As such, the site is infected and repeatedly slow.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I wouldn't agree with that at all. Without the users, the site woulnd't exist and there wouldn't be ANY revenue - so of course they want the site to perform well.

To me, it seems like these performance-related issues started when they went with another "hosting system" (Google, I think it is). Previous to that, the site performed fine. Now it's very intermittent - sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's bad and sometimes it's REALLY bad.

Trust me, they are working on it - they want the users to have a good experience.

Tell me again to trust you, that “they” are working on it?

·
Super Moderator
3,915 Posts
The site has been very slow and erratic.

Yesterday and today, the site is infected with malware for IPad users with the Safari browser (Amazon user - you’re a winner!!!!)

The site owners are content to receive third-party advertising money without checking the integrity of the ads. As such, the site is infected and repeatedly slow.
I am no web developer but I do have a couple brain cells to rub together.
Ads are usually sold thru a service like Google, the forum owners do not individually screen advertisers, the traffic here is simply way way too low for a business model like that.

A big forum with thousands of active members can have screened sponsors work directly with the forum owner, not the case here.

With no revenue there is no money to pay for servers, no forum.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Doug

Kinda thought the same here until I went to some other pages in separate tabs and they loaded very quickly as usual. All the while after checking email and other stuff I came back to this site in the other opened tab and still no luck.

I know another forum I am active on that the site admin has had to clear the cache when issues like this have come up. Dunno if that is the issue here or not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah....jeez...the Firefox process is 2gig...(under task manager/processes). Not sure what's up. Bogs my whole system down. Taking 40 mins to get one post out. 😞

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Maybe just on my end? But don't think, not having issues elsewhere.

Very slow here today, taking a long time to load.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Definitely not just you. Sometimes, the site is fine and other times it's horribly slow. Been that way for a few months now. Very unfortunate...

·
Super Moderator
18,443 Posts
Same here....but sometimes its just going into a particular thread....each time I do. Other threads are fine......

·
Super Moderator
10,945 Posts
Jeezuz!!!

I read the title of the thread and thought it was about Alfred tripping over a chaise lounge as he was bringing you another margarita..

Boy ,,,,, do I feel stupid now.

But seriously folks.

Not an issue here so far. Seems pretty normal in fact. Maybe a north/south thing ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts