Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got lifted shortly after high school.I'm 54 years old now and still waiting.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u will never see it again it has been took to a chop shop and with law enforcement they dont try hard for nothing

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never. It is happily bouncing up and down somewhere in East Los Angeles with hydraulics and impressing all those idiots that are impressed by that kind of odd stuff.

Actually, you probably wouldn't WANT it back if you saw what it looks like now.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually if you have the VIN # and a police report, you might be able to track the car down through the Chevy SS register. But without a police report I don't think you could claim ownership.

I read a story about this very thing happening. A guy was notified by his local police department that his 30 year old car had shown up on the hot sheet after all these years---he got it back!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don,t get your hopes up. Answer is.........probably never. I had a 66 chevy II wagon that I paid my nephew to store at his place in Ohio while I was in Michigan. He had it towed (illegally) even though I paid him good money up front to store it. I sued him. Now Ohio law has changed so a company can,t tow a car from private property without a title. I,ll never have my car back, and he has still never paid me for the car. My lesson learned! He was indicited for grand theft (5,000$) here, but the grand jury said he did no wrong. He had an expensive lawyer and i had only the new proscutor in our county. At least now in Ohio a car can,t be took to junk without the title. I,m suing the shredder company now (without a lawyer). If it makes any difference, Two detectives quit the force in our town because the old law was injust. I wish they wouldn,t have, as I feel responsible. We will see who wins in the end. I only want my car. Oh yeah I know. I once had a 63 impala ss 327, 396 factory with the black half top. It was never found either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts