Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a set of motegi 18" rims with no lock, they are in my garage if you need to see them. I need to know what size lock and where i can order the locks. The lug size is 12 x 1.5 and I would really like to have this question answered soon because i dont exactly live in the safest neighborhood in the world

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If you are talking about the locking lugnuts, those you can buy at a local auto parts store along with the tool. O'Reilly carries some of them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, i just picked up a set, and i had a stud break when they put it on :frown:
they said that they would not fix it so i have to take it and get it fixed myself.....they sold me another stud for $1.68

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I dislike places that put the lugnuts back on with an impact wrench. They should always start the things by hand and use a troshin bar on the impact or a torque wrench when installing them.

I know they do not fix them but I think that since they broke it they should put a new one in at their cost, not yours.

I had to replace two of the studs on a friend of mines flat bed trailor. He had a flat and the tire place started the nuts with the impact wrench instead of hand starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts