Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire pressure sensor went off day before yesterday so filled her up and yesterday noticed that it was bit more than expect about 230kpa so decided to clear out the pressure.. and check out the outcome :beer: so whats your tire pressure today ?:biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
kilopascals and kilometers are for canadians. these numbers are too confusing for us americans:dizzy:

·
Super Moderator
10,796 Posts
35 PSI .........PSI forever , screw that other shit :yahoo:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
212 Kpa is nearly 31 psi
That means i need more pressure i shall check what tires have to say on their sidewalls but the door had those numbers on it. I never heard of kpa myself but the door told me to fill it up to 210 kpa.

·
Super Moderator
10,796 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So 240 kpa i need, i wonder if the TPMS will go haywire ! how is tpms calibrated btw ?

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
So 240 kpa i need, i wonder if the TPMS will go haywire ! how is tpms calibrated btw ?
I am not exactly sure but someone told me that there are 2 small magnets inside that are trying to stick together and the pressure between them holding them apart is what is transmitted to your dash reading.

That being said I don't think the TPMS is all that accurate

Reason I say this is I have a Longacre analogue tire gauge left over from racing days and an AccuTire digital gauge. They are within -1/2 lb of each other and the TPMS is out by 3+ psi.
I tend to believe the gauges that I have and TPMS not so much.
I rely on it to tell me if I have a low tire and that's about it.
If I had my choice to delete this feature in a future car purchase I would as it's a bigger PITA than its worth

IMO that is

P

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But tpms can come in hand if you have a flat tire on the other side that you cannot visually inspect when taking off to work in the morning, i do not think anyone does a visual inspection of tires when heading out in their vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
10,796 Posts
WTF you'd have to be still drunk not to notice :dunno:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Whats your rear pressure today ?

And......NO ONE noticed this????:giggle::lol::yahoo:

I'd HAVE to say...."Aint none of yer BUSINESS!"

Or just fart.......:fart:

·
Go Get It
15,086 Posts
i do not think anyone does a visual inspection of tires when heading out in their vehicle.
I check all 4 tires visually every time I go out. Thats mainly because I drive 1 or 2 times a week, I've got a slow leak in one tire, and I don't trust the parking lot I park in (is used for tailgating, lots of broken glass)

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I run 42 psi in all my tires

and i do a visual check at least once a day while im checking my fluids.
Does your tpms complain ?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I always do a quick visual check of my tires, no need to use a gauge. But if you have a flat, you should damn sure notice it as soon as you start moving. If not, you really have no business operating a motor vehicle.

Reactions: Old Bones

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so without tpms does your car beep or complain while doing high speed chases or being chased by the cops ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts