Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently converted my 71 chevy truck from a th350 to a 700r4(at leats thats what i told the shop). I wanted the extra economy and lower RPMs. Since there's no ecm or computer, it has been converted with a kit or something. The TV cable is always being adjusted by someone because the truck sees mechanics for other reasons. I took it to Midas (dont want to hear everyones opinion on different shops) and had the carb adjusted. He adjusted the carb and did something different to the cable. My truck has been shifting great with 4 gears. Thats 3 drive gears with 1 overdrive. Never shifts into a 5th. Now, it shifts into five,F-I-V-E, gears. It has a lockup converter as well. What is the deal????? If you dont believe me ask for a test drive!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just because it looks like it shift five times doesn't mean it is a five speed tranny.you need to make sure your tranny ain't slipping because it sounds like it .lock up converter have been on transmissions since the 70 so check your tranny again unless someone slipped s fifth gear in it

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just because it looks like it shift five times doesn't mean it is a five speed tranny.you need to make sure your tranny ain't slipping because it sounds like it .lock up converter have been on transmissions since the 70 so check your tranny again unless someone slipped s fifth gear in it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts