Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you bought your Imp?

accidently started this in another thread, so instead of hijacking someone else's welcome, figured i would post this up ;)

my order:
1.exhaust/pcm/t-stat
2.cam/tb/tune
3.top swap/pulley/tune
4.different cam/tune AGAIN

BTW car was still a lease until #4 ;)

on the list for M13:
TRANS!, cam, fresh block, topswap AGAIN, and of course...another tune :D

should put me in the 12s, hoping sub 12.5 praying for 11s :biggrin: anything under 13.0 (which the trans alone should get me close) and I'll be a happy camper

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
When you bought your Imp?

accidently started this in another thread, so instead of hijacking someone else's welcome, figured i would post this up ;)

my order:
1.exhaust/pcm/t-stat
2.cam/tb/tune
3.top swap/pulley/tune
4.different cam/tune AGAIN

BTW car was still a lease until #4 ;)

on the list for M13:
TRANS!, cam, fresh block, topswap AGAIN, and of course...another tune :D

should put me in the 12s, hoping sub 12.5 praying for 11s :biggrin: anything under 13.0 (which the trans alone should get me close) and I'll be a happy camper

I put air in my tires and then drove to a parts store where I bought a oil filter and 5 quarts of oil.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
The first thing I did on my old Impy was put in a new thermostat and gasket. The gasket was leaking and those are cheap enough so since I had to remove the old gasket I changed the thermostat as well. So the list went as

1) Thermostat and gasket.
2) Oil and filter change.
3) Parking lamp bulbs (January 03, it was 25 degrees plus a 15 mph wind, burr) had to get the car inspected.
4) Recharged the AC and fixed a vacuum leak on the Heater/AC control (By the way that was in Febuary of 03, outside temp was about 48 degrees).
Months latter was the radio change. And a year and half latter was the CD radio conversion. And I still have not and will not change the rims, unless one goes bad.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Let me think, I have had the car so long it hard to remember.

Aside from the routine mainenace changes.

1) Window tint
2) Exhaust mufflers
3) Tail pipes- went to large horn tip and deleted the resonators.
4) Gears- 3.08 to 3.73
5) Brake bolt and body bushings
6) Headers and whole exhaust system swap
7) Tripple guage pillar
8) New radio
9) SStreetlights

Tried to do something every year, but there were a few years I couldnt afford to do anything.

Thats a hobby do it when you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts