Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do the same? i rented a 06 impala pushed it hard and then bleep it said speed is RESTRICTED to 107mph thats bull****
whats the purpose of all that 303hp if you cant use it

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok the new Impy's and MC's are FW V8 in some models and FW V6 in others. The drive train is exactly the same in both so yes they are going to top out at the same MPH. You can if you want to purchase one you can override the system. Also you can use 330 horse in 107 MPH. It just depends on if you know how to drive it. 330 horse does not exuate to 330 MPH.

My 02 will also top out at 107 or used to.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a safety feature, as GM surmises that most of the horsepower in the new 5.3 liter V8 will be used at speeds lower than 107mph. The only good in going faster than that is racing on a track. The V6 is peppy, but not as fast. And to the reader that said the powertrain is the same in both, you are incorrect. I work for GM and the V6 (duh) will not have the acceleration of the V8. Who cares if you can 'reach' 107 in the V6 if it takes twice as long to get there?? Hello.....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the current Impalas and Monte Carlos are a V6 front wheel drive INSULT with ZERO performance compared with the older models, it's no surprise they suck. GM really screwed up here. The law enforcement people hate them too.....ALSO, beware!! the onboard "black box" is recording everything you do to that car. In the event of damage, you will find yourself paying out of your pocket. The ins. will be void if the black box squeals on you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts