Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been thinking about upgrading my exhaust with some Tri's for my headers but I don't know what system I should go with. I've heard alot about Flowmasters (which I admit worked great on my old skool), Magnaflo's and a few other brands. I was leaning more towards Borla but is it worth the money???

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't know what would be the best, but I've been running the Billy Boat stealth system for a few years. It a fairly tame system with a deep tone when you get in the pedal.
Billy Boat system link

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
I ran the Dynomax system for awhile and liked it, at idle and low speeds it is too quiet for some folks but personally I liked being told my car was too quiet for the ET.

What ever you do I would say get a 2.5" system, a 2.25" is just too easy to outgrow. I never gained any meaningful ET disconnecting the Dynomax.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Okay I've been thinking about upgrading my exhaust with some Tri's for my headers but I don't know what system I should go with. I've heard alot about Flowmasters (which I admit worked great on my old skool), Magnaflo's and a few other brands. I was leaning more towards Borla but is it worth the money???
I have the borla and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right, it's pretty much a personal preference thing. Corsa has the sound I prefer, but a friend has a 96 with Flow Masters and he loves the sound.

Jake

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe that unlike hatch-back cars, like Vettes, resonance isn't a much of a problem because of the trunk helping deaden the sound.

Jake

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got pulled over 3 times over this weekend ,being told my exhaust is too loud, gotta admit it made me smile and ask the cop "really,how did it sound" (i know alot of the cops around here cause my job) ,and being told it sounds nice but a little on the loud side,i guess they said they are really cracking down on the street racing problem santa clara county is having ,he told me" i know your not out here doing that so have a nice night":biggrin::angel5: race ..no not me:smile: i only have a pair of 40 series flows cats intach also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts