Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I thinking of selling my wagon, and I don't know what its worth. It is a 1992 Caprice with 127k on odometer. At 82k it had a new 350 jasper motor installed, new radiator, and more...and its all documented(cost was over 4k). I have lowered it, put new wheels and tires on it, painted it, and had the windows tinted...all within the last 2 months. It really runs like a new one and gets 18 mpg. Only known issues is the temp gauge or speedo doesn't work. I have bought a new gauge, but never installed it yet. What do you guys think she's worth?? And should I ebay it??

Thanks for any help, and hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Didn't you just buy it about two months ago?? Are you selling it because of problems or just because you found that you don't actually like it?

As for the price, I would look up the bluebook value and then go from there. However, don't expect to get back the money you invested in the customizations that you did...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't you just buy it about two months ago?? Are you selling it because of problems or just because you found that you don't actually like it?

As for the price, I would look up the bluebook value and then go from there. However, don't expect to get back the money you invested in the customizations that you did...

Yes I did buy it at the end of September. I bought it as a joke, initially was going to cut roof off and make it convertible...drive it around the farm. Unitl I looked at pics of them online. Came up with an idea..and ran with it. What you see is the product.

The car is sweet, no problems. Before its makeover, we drove it to an Orioles game several hours away. My wife and 3 children have been driving it for the past week giving her Denali a break. We enjoy it, but having 5 vehicles is too much for 2 drivers.

Having said that, I am not going to give it away. I was thinking the 5k-5500 range. Is that fair?

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I don't know about the values of this type of car, but I just looked up a 1993 Caprice Wagon (127k) on Kelly Blue Book and private sale values ranged from $1500->$2200, depending on condition. Kelly Blue Book only goes back to 1993, which is why I selected 1993. I just accepted all "defaults" for the options...

Like I said, you'll never get the money that you put into it back out of it, which is why it's generally a bad idea to purchase a car, put all kinds of money into it and then sell it a few months later.

Personally, I think that you would have a hard time getting $5000 for it. That's just my opinion though, based on the rough estimate provided by the blue book value. You never know though, if you happen to find someone that is *really* interested in a customized station wagon, then maybe you will get a decent amount for it. I think it's going to be a hard sell though...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about the values of this type of car, but I just looked up a 1993 Caprice Wagon (127k) on Kelly Blue Book and private sale values ranged from $1500->$2200, depending on condition. Kelly Blue Book only goes back to 1993, which is why I selected 1993. I just accepted all "defaults" for the options...

Like I said, you'll never get the money that you put into it back out of it, which is why it's generally a bad idea to purchase a car, put all kinds of money into it and then sell it a few months later.

Personally, I think that you would have a hard time getting $5000 for it. That's just my opinion though, based on the rough estimate provided by the blue book value. You never know though, if you happen to find someone that is *really* interested in a customized station wagon, then maybe you will get a decent amount for it. I think it's going to be a hard sell though...

5k may be way too much, I really don't know. I really don't have a whole lot into this car, did most of the work myself. The wheels and tires were the most costly, you will probably find it funny to know they cost more than the cost of the car itself(when I bought it), and paint....together. I have a friend who paints, and I helped him...and he only charged me materials. Thanks for your advice buddy. I really appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
To give you some reference, I sold my 92 with 195k miles on it for $750 about a year and a half ago. I'd say yours is in the $2500-3k range with the work you've done. I think that's a fair price for both you and the buyer, and with how it looks, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the $2500. I'd say post it on Craigslist for 3200 obo and take the first 2500 offer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking around... and really considering getting into the big wagon game... think about realistically what you have into it / and might want for it... I'm in eastern PA... and somewhere I thought you said you were at an o's game (which means midatlantic area to me)

if you still have it that is....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts