Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 SS with 62k and when I go to take off from a light or stop sign my car moves very slow rpms jump up and im going nowhere the real quick it kicks into gear and jumps forward. The first time it happened my tires squealed. Its pretty random I have not seen any trends that could be causing this. I just had the engine rebuilt so I think I can rule that out and I dont want to keep running in and out of the the auto shops. What am I looking for to solve this problem?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum 1st off! Start with the simple, have you changed the transmission fluid and filter, and what is. The level and condition of the transmission fluid?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Go on triple edge performance. Com and look up the common issues. Its all explained there.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Sounds like your transmission is going. Could be the reason why the previous owner sold it?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds like your transmission is going. Could be the reason why the previous owner sold it?
NOT THE CASE, this can be fixed with the trans in the car. You'll have to drop the drivers side cradle to gain access to the side pan on the trans. Then you'll have to replace some parts in the valve body and replace the sleeve for the boost valve.

·
Registered
294 Posts
^^^ yep, just change the shift solenoids , and get another gasket, and it will run like new, had the same problem when i had my 05 ls

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hopefully, it's just the solenoids and nothing major. How much do they cost to change?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i forgot.... the part #'s but someone on the forum did a thread on it so he mapped out everything, so go to this thread http://www.impalaforums.com/diy-do-it-yourself-how-to/242595-trans-side-cover-removal.html P.S. i found a 2 man auto shop that did mine for $350 LABOR, so i was lucky....So if i was u find a small repair shop who knows transmissions, if they dont know what you are talking about as in (what is a solenoid?) and just get a rebuild. FIND ANOTHER SHOP WHO KNOWS AND CAN DO THE JOB.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2010 that I get a slight slip when cold like this, 3500 V6 50kmiles should I be worried?

Hi SuperDave I see we are neighbors :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts