Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
My dads 99 Lumina LTZ had those rims I think.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
They are 00-03 Ls wheels.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Reactions: TSS

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just didn't know they look real close too the previous model impala ss rims. Were these probably the nicest factory rim in the 7th gen impala.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Yea, they were modeled after the 96 wheel to help sell the "top model" Ls. You could get them as an option on base models, but dealers would rather upsell you. Instead of selling you a set of wheels, he sells you the whole package. Same thing with the 3.8 engine. thats why you don't see many base models with 3.8s.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if someone was selling a set used but In good shape how much would you pay, would you say these rims look the best from the factory 7th gen impala's.

Thank you:

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I sold my stockies with like new tires for $300 to a friend.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is what a guy is selling these for out here I am considering buying them. I like them better than my 2004 impala ls wheels.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
If they have like new tires then go for it. If they need tires, I'd say $200 is a fair price.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah that is what I am trying too get these rims for he says the tires have like 60% remaining. But the only thing is I don't want his tires as they are motormaster which is just Canadian tire brand.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
yeah that is what I am trying too get these rims for he says the tires have like 60% remaining. But the only thing is I don't want his tires as they are motormaster which is just Canadian tire brand.
That doesn't necessarily make them bad, and you can replace them with something different when they're worn out

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I just didn't know they look actual near too the past design impala ss wheels. Were these probably the best manufacturer rim in the 7th gen impala.. . . . . . . . .
Yes they do like similar to the past b-body impala wheels but, these 7th gens have more depth to them. And in my opinion look much better. Yes I believe these are the nicest 7th gen "stock" wheels ever produced. They have nice depth, 3d effect, and looks :eek:k3: Painted, powdercoated, or plasti'd these look great. Unless you have a silver 7th gen with 8th gen wheels :eek:k3:

Reactions: RYD SLO

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
The b-body version was 17x8.5" with a 5on5 pattern.
These are 16x maybe 7.5 on something more like a 5 on 4.75(or metric equivalent).

I am pretty sure the centers are interchangable because the b-body ones came with a deer logo and I thought people liked the bowtie better and would swap.

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
I did some subsequent research, it does appear that the center caps, without the stick-on logo, are the same.

I've got a 17" aluminum wheel for a full-sized spare in the trunk of my car, I'm considering adding a center cap and somehow modifying a spare tire cover to reveal the wheel but still hide the tire, but I'd rather have the Impala logo than the Bowtie...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts