Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find a set of headers that sound good and look good. Has anybody used any headers that they would like to suggest or maybe would like to tell me to stay away from?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I want to find a set of headers that sound good and look good. Has anybody used any headers that they would like to suggest or maybe would like to tell me to stay away from?
How is your cash flow!!!!!

Top of the line headers from Dans CIA are the best. I have them on mine. Best performance, easiest to install, highest quality, excellent service.

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read alot and hear nothing but good things about the tri-y headers but now what about the ports on the top of the headers? I dont see that those have them?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Edelbrock ceramic-coated shorty headers and Flowmaster Force II catback exhaust because they were the quietest free-flow exhaust, made a huge difference. Hedman headers are also good. With Edelbrocks I burned 2 sets of A/C lines though.:mad: I had the third re-routed because they press right up against the headers and the suspension and rubbed or burned through.

Check out summitracing.com and just enter you car on the search on the left side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you see ive ordered headers twice before and the first time i got headers for a mustang that i returned from autopartswarehouse.com. Then i just ordered some Dynomax headers off or racepages.com and im not sure that they are going to fit... I seen another website called streettrends.com that a few different headers also. But i wanted to get some other opinoins from other people to see what they have done and what headers will give me the best bang for my buck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is a link to summitracing.com to the list of headers.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...429+4294918680+115&Ntt=&Ntk=&rsview=sku&RC=10

They show Hedman, Hooker, Edelbrock, and BBK. These are the bigger header companies that I know of. All 4 are pretty good, but they are the same general design. It just depends on the quality of the steel and finish. priced between $375 - $685. I went middle of the road with the Edelbrocks. Dynomax is a pretty good one also. Like HeavySS said, it depends on how much your willing to spend. You can go cheap or some custom super quality polished stainless steel stuff.

The driver's side is a breeze to install, but the passenger side is a super bitch. You should consider changing other stuff while the passenger side manifold is off like sparkplugs and the wires. And make sure the AC lines are NOT touching the headers when the headers are on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
justinngpt
When you say ports I think you are talking about the air pump hook up. You can get the tri-y's with those. I ended up taking my airpump off as I didnt need it anymore. Depending on where you live and what your states emissons laws are. His new Tri-Y's Gen 2 look to be cheaper and easier to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts