Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up guys I'm new to this site i finally got my 1st impala and love the room and the ride it a '01 maroon with 98,000 miles but i got it for cheap 1,800 and i have no regrets. i did have to do some work on it. the cat throw a code but the new magnaflow cat took care of that. now i need to tackle the abs that stays on when i pump the brakes as i turn R/L anyideas hit me up thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
is the magnaflow a high flow cat? if so, it will throw a code eventually, too. the code will be PO420. dont worry about it, there is nothing wrong. its just outside the parameters of "normal flow" as read by the car. the only way to get rid of it is to delete the code from the PCM with a tuner.

with your abs light, you may end up having to replace a hub or two. put it up on stands and see if the wheels will wobble up and down. if so, its a good indicator that your hubs are bad. also, just take a good look at the sensor connectors on the inside of the hub and see if they look beat up or corroded.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the PO420 code will be back and you will have a check engine light on. maybe not right away, but it will be there. mine took about a year to show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts