Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Young Gun
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone :clap:
I have my 1966 Impala SS you all i think know about. My question is since i have gotten the rear deck filler pane replaced and looking great is what should i do next. I have a list of things i have to do to her before i can get her "road ready". So here are the things... I have to get new wheels and tires (dont want to keep the ones i got now because the tires will cost more than their worth and its easier to get used wheels with good tires) so thats what i guess i should do next but im not sure if i should do stuff with my engine but somethings leaking near the trans or something and me and my dad still have to get it on the lift but its not registered or anything but i do have insurance on it. So is the wheels what i should be focusing on getting when they're going to be sitting for a year or so before i can actually drive it. Idk opinions are appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
What size tires?

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
get some flat stoppers if its gonna be sitting for a year. also get the leak fixed. you can get new tires but they will be cheap off brand. set a budget and stick to it.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Front and rear?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I'm pretty sure a 70 series is a truck tire? Are you sure its not a 60 series?

·
Premium Member
18,505 Posts
Dude, it won't cost you an arm and a leg to get 4 tires. And those rims look FINE on that car! They are appropriate for the era. Tires can be radial, thats OK. Just go get some tires for her! They don't have to be top of the line!:hope:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
My 2 cents......If it's going to be sitting for a year, wheels & tires is the last thing I'd be thinking about right now.

Reactions: brodg

·
Young Gun
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that's what I am thinking and my dad is telling me they won't rot out if you put tire shine and stuff. But I still think it's not a good idea unless it is definetly going to be in a garage and now in not sure if it is sadly.

·
Young Gun
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah. I have manual drum right now and I'm thinking of just getting a brake booster cause they stop the car really well right now just when your going fast it will drag it from side to side

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If you must transport it to a garage for repairs then either have someone tow it for you on a flat bed truck or a trailer. Or check at the local tire shops for a cheap used but good tire(s) that will let you get by for now while these repairs are made, don't worry if they are not the right size or matching sizes since you are not using this vehicle every day yet. Then buy the new wheels and tires when you are ready to drive this car.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
My buddy is selling a set of corvette rally wheels cheap with good tires down here...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Pics or BS

:giggle:
lol I'll see if he can email me pics

Just got off the phone with him. He sold the wheels :bang:

Now he's selling a set of centerline warriors with brand new tires

Wheels are like these but 15in with street tires. They were bought for a 1968 Camaro

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts