Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday i took my car into get a oil change, well the dealership found the following,

power steering rack leaking, left outter tie rod has play well with the oil change and alignment this cost me close to 1100.00 bucks why would the p/s rack be leaking if the car is only 2005 an not even a full 84,000km wtf??? wounder why this happin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Last Friday i took my car into get a oil change, well the dealership found the following,

power steering rack leaking, left outter tie rod has play well with the oil change and alignment this cost me close to 1100.00 bucks why would the p/s rack be leaking if the car is only 2005 an not even a full 84,000km wtf??? wounder why this happin
Did you have them check ---> http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?mai..._id=10&zenid=31db091cf75202dfe12a166373e56965

Sorry for being a wise-a55 but I think you may have been sold an unneeded repair. Next time get a couple of more opinions before decided what to do :smile:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just because a vehicle is an 05 doesnt mean that a defective part couldnt have been put on the vehicle. All i gotta say is stuff happens, I just had to put a trans cooler line on my car and i only have 35k on my SS. LOL at the muffler bearing, we had a kid here at work that just started in q/lube and we had him goin back and forth between q/lube and parts having him tryin to figure out what size muffler bearings he needed for a 2500 they were servicing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah...don't get the dealer to work on your car. Get a real mechanic...the dealership will charge you an arm and a leg for everything. I especially wouldn't have the dealership do oil changes. Any oil changing place will do it for less...and given how easy it is to do i'd recommend doing it yourself.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yeah...don't get the dealer to work on your car. Get a real mechanic...the dealership will charge you an arm and a leg for everything. I especially wouldn't have the dealership do oil changes. Any oil changing place will do it for less...and given how easy it is to do i'd recommend doing it yourself.
lol yeah do your own oil changes it makes u 1 with the car !!!!!!!:biggrin: lmao

·
Registered
16 Posts
you have to take into consideration that he might have been sold the car with "lifetime oil changes" by the dealership...they were doing that for a time here

·
Registered
11 Posts
completely agree with this one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts