Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is so great about having a 327 engine.
I have been hearing a lot of talk about keeping the engine.... any reasons as to why?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
1ST ITS PROB AND ORIGINAL SO THE VALUE OF UR CAR IS ONLY GNA BE HIGH IF ITS ALL ORIGINAL ....
2ND WHEN THAT ENGINE CAME OUT THERE WASNT ALOT OF CARS THAT HAD THAT MUCH TOURQUE OR HORSES
3RD IF U SWAP IT UR GNA RUN INTO MORE PROBLEMS AND HEADACHES THEN KEEPING ORIGINAL IM NOT TO FAMILIAR W/ ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE ENGINE SO..... THOSE WERE JUST SIMPLE POINTERS:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Find some one with an original 365hp 327 vette and go for a ride, that will tell you real fast. Of course, you don't them find around much anymore.

You don't say what your keeping it in. but a warmed up 350 will be a direct bolt in. Throw the 327 in the corner of the garage.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
The 327 was the hot engine 40 years ago, that is why it is "special". You get folks caught up in the past. Hell my Dad still thinks a 283 is something special.

I agree with Gregg-O store the 327 and drop in a 350.

365hp sounds like a lot but the rating suystem was different then, a modern FWD SS would probably take one/.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just curious about the 327 engine ,because i have one in my 68 impala and a lot of people have told me to keep the engine in and i was always wondering why they kept telling me that.
Thanks for the info tho :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Don't get me wrong, as Dwayne said, it was a hell of a little engine in it's day, but it's day has long gone. I would not get rid of it, but a nice 350 will move that old hunk of iron alot easier. Plus it's a bolt in, no problem swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts