Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member and this is my first post. So I apologize if this is not the right place to post this thread. But I'm in the market for a 62-64 or possibly a 65 2dr Impala. I owned a 65 SS with a 327, in High School. I was a stupid kid back then and didn't realize what I had when I had it. I look thru the ads now-a-days and that seems to be a very desirable year and not to mention it was a true SS. I absolutely loved that car but didn't take as good of care of it as I should have. Anyway now almost 20 years later I want another Impala. I'm leaning toward the 62-64 body style but I still like the 65 too. I'm no newbie to buying an old car so I know what to look for as far as rust, in the normal places, like wheel wells, lower quarter panels, and trunk. Is there any other places, unique to these year Impalas where I need to check for rust? And, for reproduction / after market parts, what's not available for these years Impalas? Original body trim is mentioned quite a bit in for sale ads. It is hard to find stock replacement body trim? And interior; is there certain stock parts that are not reproduced? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Your best help is Google for that year. Classic Industries has alot of stuff. I sold my '65 5 years ago, it wasn't an SS, but some parts are just not out there. Plus every wire I touched broke...it was a 396 Caprice that ran fine and looked good from 20ft.

·
Still Plays with Cars
282 Posts
Frame rust. 65s rust at the body mounts, under the doors, before the rear end. Front fenders are not reproduced. The windshields and back glass tend to rust out top and bottom. The cowls rust in the wiper arm area and where the lower front fenders mount. Try to find a southern state car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts