·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i whant some that would be loud but still have a good sound

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
expensive, but go with a JL audio W7 and huge amp.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't go wrong with any of the JL Audio subs (you don't need a W7 to get a great sub from JL) or amps. You can't beat JL for sound quality and power handling. If your on a tighter budget, try Memphis Car Audio. Please don't buy either one online though. Go to your local dealer. Your warranty is only valid if you purchase your equipment through an authorized dealer and non of their dealers are authorized to sell online.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Image Dynamics my friend. there IDMAXX subs go down to 10 hrz. lower then any other woofer on the market. thats sound so low you cant hear it, but you can feel it. its really nuts. and they sound great too. for 1/2 the price as a W7 there a great bang for the buck. and if your going based on price and get 2 IDMAXX ($1000) vs 1 JL 13w7 ($1000) the IDMAXX would crush it.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5033

you have to listen to this woofer if your even thinking about spending some serious cash.

good luck

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kicker is great. the square subwoofers dont have alot of sound quality atleast from what i have heard but they were all in ported boxes. I would get 3 kicker cvr subs in a sealed box with 1.25 cu. ft. space for each one and get a 1200 watt rms mono block amp.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it depends on what kind of music you like to listen to and what your budget is, but p.s theres alot of stuff out there better than JL for cheaper, not to rag on em, ive heard some W7s that womp, but if you dont wanna spend a ton, theres options, just pm and we can chat it out and see what kind of gear would fit your needs best,

·
Registered
23 Posts
I personally think Rockford is the best. Impallas have big trunks so there is room for a pair of T2 12's. They hit hard and clean. You would want to run a big amp also to mkae sure the speakers hit there full potential.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have an 05 impala and i like the cvrs with the 750 monoblock amp. it sounds really good in the impala. ive never liked kicker but it did my impala justice....I got some pics posted in garage if you wanna have a looksie:wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone is interested in a mono block amplifier, I have one for sale. Its a TMA T2 1000.1v2. Check it out at totalmobileaudio.com and compare it JL Audio 1000/1 v2. I am selling the TMA for $140, I can use pay pal. It also comes with a bass control that is included through TMA. Contact me Richard 310-874-0122

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you want clean bass and you listen to all types of music go with a 10 in woofer,if you want sum deep bass go with a 12(if you listen to a lot of rap)...

All brands are pretty much over rated,to what they actually can handle...imop I have always been a big fan of kicker,but the solo barics have a lot of issues with there voice coil poppin...but if your willin to fork out the cash and possible your left nut,(lol) go with JL AUDIO...and there no reason to get a W7,when the W6 is actually imop a lot better...

It also depends on the box you choose,solid,center port,side port...or custom w/a port hole inside the car...

And if its goin in a 7th gen imp,be prepared for all the rattle in the back of the car,lol...louder then the system,lol...dynamat that sh*t...good luck with what ever you use....

·
Registered
103 Posts
And if on a budget,go with a pre amp bazooka tube...can't go wrong with that...

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have one kicker L7 12 in a big ported box and idc what people say about them having bad sq this thing plays double bass songs cleaner than most sealed enclosures. and the spl is perfect. enough to set off car alarms but not too much where you need separate batteries.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i have one kicker L7 12 in a big ported box and idc what people say about them having bad sq this thing plays double bass songs cleaner than most sealed enclosures. and the spl is perfect. enough to set off car alarms but not too much where you need separate batteries.
I have an L7 in a small ported box, and it beats like crazy! I have heard that I need a bigger box, and it must be true. Mine is loud, but not set off car alarm loud. But I don't doubt you at all, if my box wasn't carpeted it would have blown the back of the box completely out! I just found it and sealed it back up so it sounds much better. The sound quality improved greatly as well, used to sound terrible on high bass freq, not any more, sounds great.

I would recommend the 12" L7 to anyone, no matter what music you like. Sub has a great punch!

·
Registered
53 Posts
im actually thinking about selling my L7 12 if anyone is interested. i think i blew the voice coil (wayy over powered it lol) but i plan on sending it into kicker since its under warranty and letting them ship me one back brand new. the sub is the 09 model and i can get it in the dual 2 or dual 4 ohm woofer. i have one 3.5 cubic foot box and one smaller a little over one cube ported box, willing to sell with or without. send me a message if interested. i think 175 for a brand new L7 is very reasonable, considering i jumped the gun and paid 350 for it in a rip off audio store. just got a jl w7 12 so i'll be content with the good sq.

heres a link to the youtube video i made. (in my grand prix not installed in impala)

·
Registered
149 Posts
im actually thinking about selling my L7 12 if anyone is interested. i think i blew the voice coil (wayy over powered it lol) but i plan on sending it into kicker since its under warranty and letting them ship me one back brand new. the sub is the 09 model and i can get it in the dual 2 or dual 4 ohm woofer. i have one 3.5 cubic foot box and one smaller a little over one cube ported box, willing to sell with or without. send me a message if interested. i think 175 for a brand new L7 is very reasonable, considering i jumped the gun and paid 350 for it in a rip off audio store. just got a jl w7 12 so i'll be content with the good sq.

heres a link to the youtube video i made. (in my grand prix not installed in impala)
YouTube - L7 kicker 12" with hifonics amp
What are you going to get now? I don't know the spec's of the amp your running, but it must be a REAL monster!!! The 08 L7 calls for Kicker 750.1 amp, I run the 1000.1 full gain and 150% bass boost to get power running to the sub. No distortion, loves it. I did fine that it was trying to blow out the back of the box, sealed that back up and it plays the higher freq bass beautifully now.

Bang for the buck speaker = Audiobahn! They are inexpensive and sound really good. Had three in a suburban, still have box & speakers. They play clean and fairly loud, i just didn't have the trunk space to put those three speakers and everything I need for work. The L7, on the other hand, is way more speaker than I ever expected.
Your amp must make some CRAZY power, man I can't even imagine!!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
memphis m3s or the mojos
Guy at custom stereo shop had two of the Mojo 15's in an Avalanche, I think the were just the dual voice coil, not quad voice coil. Facing the front of the truck. Running just 1 of his 2 4000watt memphis amp, and HOLY S&!T!!!!!
First stereo I have ever heard that I considered bailing out of the car, and that was 1/2 power!

I don't know anything about memphis audio prod, but this was VERY LOUD, but so clean, and great punch. Made me a believer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts