S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in school? Any more thing I should put in there let me know

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are you asking about speakers or subwoofers? If you want loudness with subwoofers.... More subs means more displacement of air = High SPL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dude, if you wanna talk really loud like, setting off car alarms and people hearing ya bumpin from a block or so away, get some big subs, some big amps, and if you really want to get into it, upgrade alt and get some extra batts, and just spend like 5grand and youl be ok, im doing a stereo in my car with a budget of 2grand and my cars gonna be pretty loud, just pm me if u want to know more, we can talk it out and figure out what you need

·
Registered
1 Posts
do what i did, i put four 6.5 marine speakers (2 in front and 2 in back) in my bumpers so you can hear the music clear as day even when all the windows are up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Alright Alright. If you are going for loudness on a budget. They have subwoofers called "Massive" you need 2 of the TW series.... 10" would work fine. You can use a Metrik Mobile amp at about 2000W mono block and have a beastly bass composure. If you want some highs and mids, I suggest the Power Bass 4XL 6.5" and replace all your component speakers with them. Then you can use a 1400W 4 way amp and have mids that can blow peoples minds, and to top it off, you can use the T3 1" tweeters crossovered to one of the Metrik amps and you will have an awesome sterio. If you are interested or want some prices....or websites, just let me know and i will show you where to order all the parts.
Pretty much you are looking at about 1.5K

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why does everyone think that everyone else needs to hear their music? When people can hear your music a block away and your music is setting off car alarms, it's obnoxious and makes you look like a retard. When I did the stereo in my truck I made it so that it's plenty loud inside (hurts eardrums over ~1/2 volume, but you can't hear it outside...and this is WITH a JL audio W3 sub. Don't be obnoxious. Even if you're building your system for competitions, they test the decibel level INSIDE the car...the more you hear outside...the less stays inside.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have a rediculous stereo because its what i do for a living, i like to show my work to other people so they can see what im capable of and having a loud stereo doesnt mean you play it loud all the time, its the stupid people who bump residential neighborhoods at 2 in the morning that give us kids with loud stereos bad rep,

·
Registered
81 Posts
i went with powerbass all the way around my car and i have one of the loudest cars in my town...and i live in florida:smile:
I put my name to powerbass any day of the week:tongue:

·
Registered
81 Posts
it's obnoxious and makes you look like a retard.
the only thing that makes us look retarded is when people like you come in and try to down everyone for doing what they love just because its not something that you are into. I love loud sterio equipment, you love loud engines. It doesnt take a retard to figure out that some people dont like either one of those. so next time you want to judge some one, look at your self first:mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
What you need my friend is x4 10" and x2 15" Electrovoice speakers and a set of good titanum tweeters. Also, a BFA (big f***ing amp) to power it all. Like Hifonics or old school Autotek amp. You will be the loudest stereo for about 4 block radius. :biggrin: I have 2 15" EV and 2 tweeters in my Oldsmobile Eighty Eight. It is deafening. With 4 10's on the rear dash and 2 15's in place of the back part of the backseat noone will want to ride in your car without ear plugs. I keep a box in my glove box. These are the speakers they use at the concerts.

Heres my boys Cutlass with the 4 10's and 2 15's. L O U D AND C L E A R. Pounding bass and midrange from the 15's highs and mids from the 10's and ear piercing highs from the tweeters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
that actually turned out real good.:smile: :smile:
what are you rear seats and deck wrapped with?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
the only thing that makes us look retarded is when people like you come in and try to down everyone for doing what they love just because its not something that you are into. I love loud sterio equipment, you love loud engines. It doesnt take a retard to figure out that some people dont like either one of those. so next time you want to judge some one, look at your self first:mad:

If you are going to post something such as a stereo (not sterio) system that I can hear from California, be prepared for criticism. This is not the off topic forum so keep it on topic about A/V related things and hopefully the rest of the comments will end up off topic where they belong instead of tying up this thread. Good luck and happy holidays.

·
Registered
19 Posts
that actually turned out real good.:smile: :smile:
what are you rear seats and deck wrapped with?
The rear seat/deck area in my boys cutlass is wrapped in leather. The rear deck area in my oldsmobile eighty eight is made of MDF wood and wrapped in blue speaker box carpet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
very nice, I will be posting my new rear deck when it is complete. I will start a new thread so it can be explained without tying up the thread.....I dont want to anger the monkey! :notworthy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts