Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a 4d sd and wanted to tow a boat that weighed 2150lbs plus the weight of the trailer under 1000lbs, probably the combined weight would be around 2800lbs.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It depends on what Lumina you're driving... the sedan or the minivan. The sedan STD had a 160 horse, 3.1L V6 engine that was good for about 2000 pounds. The sedan LS had a 210 horse, 3.4L V6 that took you up to 2400 pounds. The APV/minivan came stock with the 3.1L V6 but had a towing capacity of about 2200 pounds due to the rear end setup. If you went for the engine upgrade a 165 horse 3.8L V6 tied to a 4 speed overdrive automatic transmission then you were bumped up to 3000 pounds of towing capacity. Only a 3 speed transmission was available for the 3.1L engine. A good place to look for this info is in the owners manual.

Hope I was helpful, Good Luck!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap the poster above me really knows what he's talking about. That was a lot of precise information on Luminas. I was just going to say check your owners manual if you have one. And what are you going to be towing with a Lumina? Well good luck. Hopefully you find the info your looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts