Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 5.7 lt1 camaro i am wanting to get 600 horsepower with out nos and with out supercharger or procharger or turbocharger what do you think will be the best way to get the most horsepower out of it.?
less than 5 grand

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your going to be hard pressed to get 600hp out of a 350 w/o some kind of power adder or off of NA. Double that $5000 and you'll get the job done but no way in hell will you do it for $5000.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are correct in saying that. You need to start by race prepping the block, change the main bearing caps from a 2 bolt to a 4 bolt. Buy a stoker kit with a QUALITY crankshaft. Get some top of the line heads and a big bumpstick and the valve train to support it. Get the Computer programmed for the engine build. After you get the engine built your going to have to buy a new tranny and beef up your rear end if you havent already. Your budget just doubled. If want more info on LT1 power check out www.impalassforum.com. There is a mess of people over there who know what they are talking about and many who dont.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A normally aspirated LT1 with 600 hp is going to be pretty short-lived without some expensive parts and serious skills involved and even then the engine will be pretty strained I'm guessing. 500hp with some good stroking is reasonable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
About the only way would be a 427 SB stroker kit ( starter kit around $3500 ) machining the block ( another 500-1000 ) and a WILD solid Roller cam ( full kit $750-1000) but the stock head won't give you enough flow and your going to have to spend some money on the Trans, get a stall as well and if your running a 10 bolt that won't hold up. My guess 600+hp at the rear wheels it's gonna run ya around $7-8k. Just my opinion, kinda speak from experience.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Just buy yourself a used honda and add a folgers coffee can to the exhaust, that should put you at about 700HP or so the kids seem to think anyways :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Hell for 5K buy a good 383 stroker and some bolt ons and you can be closer to that 600Horses. than you are now with that 350.
Airflow makes power not displacement, displacement can help with airflow but is NOT the most important part of the equation..

You can NOT do a good stroker for $5K either. Probably have close to $4k in a GOOD shortblock and another $3k in a good topend and valvetrain easily, say $400 more in core engine, easily another $1000 in additional supporting parts, oiling, fuel injectors etc and you can certainly top 500fwhp easily and reliably. Car will need another few grand worth of tranny, suspension, fuel system, CAI work, tuning etc..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts