Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.4l?and what grade oil? I am looking for a performance oil for my car. im not sure what type of oil i should go with, what grade, or how much. i kinda have an idea but am still unsure. i've heard weather makes a difference, so just as refference. I live in El Paso, Tx. hot during summer and cold during winter.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My opinion is Mobil One Synthetic based on 36 years of continued use on about 12 different cars. I suggest using the original equipment manufacturer's oil filter brand (AC Delco in your case), and changing it every 9,000 miles of highway type driving. I would use exactly what your owner's manual from General Motors specifies in terms of motor weight etc. Who knows better about what your car requires than the engineers that designed it? I believe GM's Corvette is shipped from the factory with synthetic oil. I realize GM's oil change intervals may be different from what I use from my experience, but the synthetic oils like Mobil are allowing extended oil drain intervals, so the cost really comes out the same with a fewer oil changes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts