Impala Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is speacail about the Pontiac GTA?
what is speacial about a 1988 pontiac GTA? Is it better than a Trans Am?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A GTA is a supercharged version of the GT..It has around 80 horsepower more than the GT...Nice car if you want one...don't listen to the rice burner lovers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you mean the gta ,as like in the Pontiac trans -am gta,they was the nicest one that Pontiac built,for that time,and there wasn't a lot of them built either,it was just a nicer and faster version of the trans am,that's about it ,but its a collectors item now,because there's not many of them around,if you ever find a nice one buy it,you can make money on them,good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you asking about the GTA Firebird? If so it was the top of the line Firebird for performance. Like the IROC Camaro. If your not,Never mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't you mean the Pontiac GTO? It looks OK but I'll take the new Dodge Challenger over that and the Chevy Camaro any day of the week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The GTA was a had more options and was generally heaver than the standard Formula or Trans am. Because of the extra weight, it was a bit slower. It was available with the 3800 V6 turbo (not supercharged) in 89' as the 20th anniv. edition. That specific car is the only one I would consider a collectors item or as being fast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The GTA was a had more options and was generally heaver than the standard Formula or Trans am. Because of the extra weight, it was a bit slower. It was available with the 3800 V6 turbo (not supercharged) in 89' as the 20th anniv. edition. That specific car is the only one I would consider a collectors item or as being fast.
But it was not called a gta. It was called a turbo trans am.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 1988 GTA had either a 305 rated at 220 HP/290TQ with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 350 rated at 230HP/330TQ with an automatic, both options naturally aspirated. The GTA was an top of the line option for the Pontiac F-body as the IROC-Z was for the Chevrolet F-body. I had a friend with a '88 GTA A4 back when those cars were new and that thing could move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.