Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is speacail about the Pontiac GTA?
what is speacial about a 1988 pontiac GTA? Is it better than a Trans Am?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A GTA is a supercharged version of the GT..It has around 80 horsepower more than the GT...Nice car if you want one...don't listen to the rice burner lovers.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing at all. Its a pontiac. Stay away from it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you mean the gta ,as like in the Pontiac trans -am gta,they was the nicest one that Pontiac built,for that time,and there wasn't a lot of them built either,it was just a nicer and faster version of the trans am,that's about it ,but its a collectors item now,because there's not many of them around,if you ever find a nice one buy it,you can make money on them,good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you asking about the GTA Firebird? If so it was the top of the line Firebird for performance. Like the IROC Camaro. If your not,Never mind.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you mean the Pontiac GTO? It looks OK but I'll take the new Dodge Challenger over that and the Chevy Camaro any day of the week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The GTA was a had more options and was generally heaver than the standard Formula or Trans am. Because of the extra weight, it was a bit slower. It was available with the 3800 V6 turbo (not supercharged) in 89' as the 20th anniv. edition. That specific car is the only one I would consider a collectors item or as being fast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A GTA is a supercharged version of the GT..It has around 80 horsepower more than the GT...Nice car if you want one...don't listen to the rice burner lovers.
The pontiac firebird gta is not supercharged from the factory. And there is no such thing as a firebird gt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The GTA was a had more options and was generally heaver than the standard Formula or Trans am. Because of the extra weight, it was a bit slower. It was available with the 3800 V6 turbo (not supercharged) in 89' as the 20th anniv. edition. That specific car is the only one I would consider a collectors item or as being fast.
But it was not called a gta. It was called a turbo trans am.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 1988 GTA had either a 305 rated at 220 HP/290TQ with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 350 rated at 230HP/330TQ with an automatic, both options naturally aspirated. The GTA was an top of the line option for the Pontiac F-body as the IROC-Z was for the Chevrolet F-body. I had a friend with a '88 GTA A4 back when those cars were new and that thing could move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts