Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rotor on a 96 Impala SS? Also,whats the rate for replacing an exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side?Is there anywhere online I can view these rates without buying the Chilton book?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
every shop/dealer is diff. They all charge an hourly rate and they look up the work to be performed on a computer to see how long the job takes to complete and go from there. Call 3 places and ask the same things and see what they tell you for a rough estimate. That should give you some average cost. If you want a heart attack, call the dealer:)

When replacing an optispark or just the cap and rotor (same difference) you must remove the water pump among other things. I must insist you have them replace ALL 3 FRONT SEALS so you dont have to go back down the road to have oil leaks fixed, its very simple and takes little time.

Also, if the water pump is original or looks work, replace it so you dont have to pay for the labor since they are already in there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Every time I get mine tuned up, I get the water pump replaced anyway.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
How often do you have it tuned?

·
Registered
557 Posts
You're looking at about 3 hours for each. 3 hours for the cap and rotor, and another 3 for the manifold gasket. At least that's what mitchell says, but all data pays better so it might be a bit more on that.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
alldata does pay more because it seems to be a bit more realistic in the way they price vs actual time with common tools. The manifolds are about the same price with both but alldata pays more for the optispark. Plus a few 1/10ths more for the seals since your in there.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Did he type "maniford"? (Must be a Freudian thing...)

Kinda like George and the "...new Fords have my sympothy"
(Psst: George... fix your sig!!!)

LOL I do have spell check.....however its just a sentence relating to ford :) So I will deal with it and make up for it some other way... :icon_fU:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Hey Cheese Wizz,

If you want to tell me to get fucked, just do it. Don't send me stupid cartoons of smilie faces flipping me off.

Why should I tell you what you already assume? If I wanted to make a honest to goodness true personal attack, it would not be on someone I do not know. Thing's here are to be taken lightly with a grain of salt so to speak. If you are interested in making this personal and on a "real" level.....we can do so in other ways in private. Otherwise relax and keep up the jokes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts