Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got a 2002 chevy impala 3.8L there is a hose that about 3/4" in around is shaped like a "L" and located on the front of the engine its coming off the lower intake and looks like its going into the back of the tensioner for the surpentine belt. Its leaking anti-freeze.

I also need a drivers door window regulator and an MAF sensor (to start off)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Don't know, but it may be. Does it appear to be the same size?

Many times it is cheaper to buy a 90 degree heater hose and cut off the excess to fit the application you are working on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know, but it may be. Does it appear to be the same size?

Many times it is cheaper to buy a 90 degree heater hose and cut off the excess to fit the application you are working on.
Advance and autozone doesnt list a by-pass hose on the 7th gen impala however on parts.com they list only 3.4L in the impala and do sell a bypass hose for it..... I dont know what that one looks like though

·
Registered
657 Posts
can you post a pic of what you are talking about? i have a good set of books here that i could look it up for you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i have the 3400, so i cant just go look at mine, it will most likely be different. i will wait for those pics. :wink:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
LOL
as soon as he said it went from LIM>Tensioner... dead giveaway ;) Dave snapped Delo's when we did his HVIII - forgot to warn him about it.
Thank god for my box'o'parts LOL

·
Registered
657 Posts
im actually surprised i didnt break mine when i did the lim gaskets in january. but i made up for it in other broken plastic parts. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
easiest way is remove the alt and the alt bracket (3 bolts on the bracket)
Should take less than an hour, mgiht as well replace both of them while you're at it ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Both? where is the other one? and where can I get a set.... I tried to click on the link you posted right above the pics but it just shows an error page.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts