Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Impala LT

I am just trying to see if the 11 LT will be able to pull a 2 seater Jet Ski, I traded my 08 Trail Blazer in after selling my boat and I want to get a Jet Ski now :)

I've found the hitch for my model, I guess one concern would be the ramp since the imp is fwd

I saw other towing posts on the forum but none were for the 2K models

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I think your towing capacity is around 1000 lbs.

Figure in the weight of the Jet Ski, plus the weight of the trailer.

I think if you have a fairly light weight trailer, you may be ok... it really depends on the weight of what your hauling.

I urge you to be cautious... the transmissions in these are prone to failure as it is... if you planning on hauling at or above your towing capacity, you will be more likely to induce failure.

Side note: I see trucks all the time hauling way beyond their towing capacity, with their ass end almost on the pavement. Manufacturers set towing capacities at their maximum possible capacity... they dont tell you 1000 lbs thinking that youll probablly push the limits and try for 1300. The max is the absolute max that the car can handle, otherwise the MFR would have specified more.

Good luck!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I am in complete agreement, I just am trying to figure out why this thread is titled "what gen impala do I have" when it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ me too...but what the heck - you have an 8th gen Impala (2006 - current)

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Technically, HERE it is called 8th gen and all of us go by that standard. As to the title vs. material, I am lost as well......

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
well yes technically. so i still win right?
No. I posted first. I win the no expense paid trip to the Racine 2012 Prom.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ I have been called a lot worse. Maybe even already today.... so you don't win that either.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
No. I posted first. I win the no expense paid trip to the Racine 2012 Prom.
LOL good one Todd.

Honestly, Im just glad the op DIDNT really ask what gen he had... thats a question that has just been beaten to death. At least he asked a good question in lieu of the false advertising!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^^ I have been called a lot worse. Maybe even already today.... so you don't win that either.
I'll even supply a camera and scrapbook to show your friends, cause they'd never believe it without them. :beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Damnit! I wanted that prize... Can I at least pick your dress out Todd?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ Most definitely. You are my dress guy.

Maybe they can do a special prom version of "Say Yes To The Dress". Full figured version of course. Last night I saw two lesbians picking out wedding dresses on that show - and it was the plus size full figured (ie obese) version. They were, of course, marrying each other. If that can get on the air, then surely me picking out my dress for the Racine Prom can get on, right?

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Wth is this racine prom Everyone keeps talkin about???

And yeah, their right. You gotta 8th gen. Or technically a w body. And I would agree with Alfredo. I've thought about pulling my dirtbike with mine.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I didn't realize Racine was such a popular place, wtf?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^It's not.....it used to be.......in the 1800s and 70s-90s. lol Now it's burnt up on it's way to Gary, IN status.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Don, sent you a pm about the bowtie.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts