Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to think of some engines to put in the 65 impala im restoring and i have heard everywhere from a 298 to a 454.

I want get at least 700hp out of it, and i want something that i can find alot of parts for.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If I had the money I would go with the LS-9 engine, over 600 HP :biggrin: out of the crate. Then add twin turbos for near or over 1,000 HP:biggrin::biggrin:.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are restoring a 65 Impala which has the original 4.6 litre 283 engine in it.
As this is the original engine I would go for that if I where you. The engine is good for the car and there is plenty of power on both pull away and cruise and we get around 25 mpg on a run which aint bad!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
If I had the money I would go with the LS-9 engine, over 600 HP :biggrin: out of the crate. Then add twin turbos for near or over 1,000 HP:biggrin::biggrin:.

True, but why not start with the 572R and have 720HP right out of the box? Then twin turbo the beasst :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
True, but why not start with the 572R and have 720HP right out of the box? Then twin turbo the beasst :biggrin:
Now I do like that, but not sure if we would be able to keep tires on the rear axle. With ove 1100 ponys I think then tires would be lighten up through all of the tranny gears, :biggrin: oh wait, yeah that would be fun. :biggrin::biggrin:. NOS anyone?
Frying rice anyone? :biggrin:
Now I wish I had the money for one of these. Boy would that not make a perfect "sleeper" car out of my 77 Impala?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts