Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think they should make it look retro with a twist... its bigger. They should make it like the 72 Impala and 73 Glasshouse Impala. They should also come with three versions of it: The coupe, the 4 dr sedan, and the drop top baby. They should bring the drop tops back for the Impalas, yes they should. They should all look like the early 70's models but made out of fiberglass of course. They should be made bigger too but not as big as the Chrysler 300C or anything but bigger than the old ones. The 300C is like the new age New Yorker. Thats probably why they discontinued making them.

Just like the Dodge Challenger; every American car company should "bring it back". They should start 2010 w/ hybrid models and remake them in 2016. If they want to keep the donks, then; keep on making them. Chevy to the world blow baby!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an 03 Impala and I can say the front fascia is pretty menacing. Is one of the best front nose on any Impala. The back end is no so appealing. But you can spot one from far away and that is important, to have an identity and "personality".

I think the Monte Carlo is coming back with a RWD Zeta platform from Holden. Just the NASCAR COT came out and to compete it has to have certain look. I wish in NASCAR they go back to the "Chrome Bumper Racing" the cars looks like the street cars and it was a sign of prestige to see the average looking car ripping the track at 190 MPH and how important the design was a factor in winning or loosing. But since they went to that Cookie Cut Template it forces the manufacturers to come with pretty much the same design.

I wish the Impala kept the previous nose looks, is the best one so far.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I agree with Spammer, I also like the look of the 03 model. I also do like the idea of the Retro look that Saleen suggested. That would be nice t see a Retro Impala, of course I would like a 64 type retro look for these cars.
And as for NASCAR cookie cutter car patterns I am not a fan of. Back in the old days of racing if your car body and engine did not make the grade then go back to the drawing board for a new design. Of course NASCAR hated the Plymouth Super Bird like Richard Petty drove because with the Hemi and body style it handled like a dream and was a top notch car to contend with. Now just what difference do you have between the so called Toyota, Chevy, Ford, Chrysler? The only difference is paint and driver. Bring back the old days of racing for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts