Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hopefully going to buy a decent one next year, I am hoping for a 96ss. What specific things should I look for besides the obvious on these cars when buying one? Any particular problems, recalls, etc?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The main thing to look for if buying a "Impala" look inside the trunk and see if the color of the trunk and inside area of the trunk match the color of the car. If that matches check underneath the trunk decklid for a white label with a bunch of 3 character codes (LT1,WX3,G80) make sure these codes are on that label, these are the codes in order that I wrote, LT1=5.7 LT1 engine, WX3=impala and G80 is limited slip differential which all impala's have, optional on caprice. If you see (9C1,7X7,GU4) these are codes indicating its not impala and actually a caprice/police package clone which is very common.......same car just diff trim and the "impala" badge is worth more to insurance company than a car that started out as a caprice. After you check this and if its what was advertised, check for oil leaks under the hood and check for any signs of rust or body work.

If you have any doubts take detailed pictures when you start shopping and post them and we will be happy to look them over and help you.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
as always, the more documentation on the car the better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts