Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, I liked the bubbles personally of the ninenty's. The box caprices looks like cabs and the donks are really not my cup of tea. Yeah, the bubble Caprice defitinely is the best by comparison to the boxes. The boxes just look like a bunch of cabbies; while the donks just look like a tainted version of the Impala. The Caprices back then of the late 60's and all 70's look like copies of the real deal Impalas. They are all good cars though, the donks and boxes make real good hoopties; which is a general use car, for all the geeks! And what about the Holden Caprice? I think I would buy that one above all of the old ones because it is so unique and different from everyone else's car. People be just glaring at me, while I'm driving and say: "What the heck model of car is that". And I'll just say, "You don't know about that, thats the Holden Caprice snitches. I actually have a box Caprice and my brother had grandpas bubble back 5 years ago but destroyed it somehow. A Caprice fan!

·
Registered
12 Posts
History...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Caprice

I personally hate "Donk, Box & Bubble..." Jacking a car up 4' and putting 52" rims on them is not my cup of tea, and has made the resale value of these cars insane.
I loved my '90 Caprice, which was the last year of the Boxy...Since then, had a '94, and now a '95. Prefer the LT1 and the open rear wheel well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really liked the 1969 and of course the 91 through 96.

it doesn't bother me when guys take the cars and hack them up for hydraulics, or throw enormous wheels on them, or whatever. if it is your car, do whatever you want. anything is better than driving around in a honda accord like every other robot out there.

i look at some of these trends and wonder if our kids and grandkids will be copying them on their cars for that "retro" feel, the same way we copy the
60's era hot rod trends.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My favorites are 91-92 Caprice sedans, and 91-96 Wagons. I did see a 87-90 Woodgrain Wagon the other day, and that was surprisingly hot, but Boxy sedans do nothing for me.

Oh and I'm not real familiar with the early models, but I drove a 75 Convertible once, and it was tits and a half!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Caprices back then of the late 60's and all 70's look like copies of the real deal Impalas.
And there are differences between other generations? Caprices has always been Impalas with a nice trim package :)

As far which Caprice I like most, my favorites are the 94-96. Least favorites being the early-mid 70s.

The boxes will always be super cool to me. I have my eye on a 90 9c1 that has been kept up, just waiting for the guy to say, "Yeah, I'll sell it".

:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Caprices has always been Impalas with a nice trim package :)
Actually for 94-96, Impala's are Caprices with a sporty trim package.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i really liked the 1969 and of course the 91 through 96.

it doesn't bother me when guys take the cars and hack them up for hydraulics, or throw enormous wheels on them, or whatever. if it is your car, do whatever you want. anything is better than driving around in a honda accord like every other robot out there.

i look at some of these trends and wonder if our kids and grandkids will be copying them on their cars for that "retro" feel, the same way we copy the
60's era hot rod trends.

well when I was in high school back in the early '80s, everyone was lifting trucks up in the air, now it's cars....I dunno if it's any different really.

except now it's an urban thing vs. a country boy thing. The cars remind me of my hot wheels I used to play with as a kid, some of them actually look good, but don't know if I'd want one in my driveway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts