1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so got ls 2007 imp. now when doing online shopping for tires i get options

LS (225/60R 16 97 S 6.5 x16)

or LS (225/60R 16 97 V 7 x16)

which one to pick ? whats the darn difference ?:bang: or either one can be picked and they will fit my imp. ?:dizzy:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I also have ? when its time to replace tires as what to do?
I look at reviews.
the type of driving i do
the location
style of driving.
and yes how much money to put out on tires.

i have thought and bought cheep tires and be piss off and had to get good replacements a short time later.
so today i get a top rated tire put on for my main travel car and the local car gets a good tire.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tires

You don't choose anything until you can answer questions related to what your tires purchase price is, driving intentions, rim changes, environment that you intend to drive in, and of course your budget. If you intend to change the rim size, none of those mean anything. If you drive mostly in snow, that changes. If your just using these tires as a stock replacement that also means something. What is your intention? Because you can almost put ANY tire on that car. So ask yourself what you trying to accomplish?

Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
The sizes you list are identical and will both fit. "S" and "V" are speed ratings, S being good for sustained 112 MPH speed and V for sustained speeds up to 149.

Not sure what your Impala is governed for, probably somewhere between 112 and 118 MPH.

Otherwise, refer to the advice above. Your use should lead your tire choice.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
^ exactly

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ exactly
and what happens if you get V but cannot sustain that recommended rating speed ? Do tires blow up like the movie speed if they drop below certain speeds ? :dunno:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yes, if you get a tire rated at 130+mph you have to go at least that speed at all times, or Dennis Hopper will kill you.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Yes, if you get a tire rated at 130+mph you have to go at least that speed at all times, or Dennis Hopper will kill you.
Nope the Reaper got Dennis, your safe:giggle:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats what he wants you to think...

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you guys talking about the show reaper ? or chuck Norris ?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, chuck Norris will kill you regardless of your driving, it's only a matter of time.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yes he has, and no, night rider was David Hasslehoff, who is unfortunately still with us.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes he has, and no, night rider was David Hasslehoff, who is unfortunately still with us.
good thing he does not know how to use internet huh or is part of these forums :giggle:.. he be hurt by what you just said :gaah:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts