Impala Forums banner

7401 - 7420 of 7425 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Impala 2LT LFX
59 Posts
Installed my Drilled/Slotted rotors and ceramic pads from Stoptech. Not racing but I'm tired of my stock rotors warping and I'm hoping this helps
Have those same ones on mine. So far they've lasted alittle over 2 years with no issues. However I was hoping the front rotors were alittle larger than what they actually are but all in all not a bad setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed the heat shield for my short ram intake. Took the negative off beforehand to reset the pcm (5-10 mins). Tighten up the front speakers. Now I don't get that rattling sound from the doors and adjusted the stereo. 🥰🥰🥰

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have those same ones on mine. So far they've lasted alittle over 2 years with no issues. However I was hoping the front rotors were alittle larger than what they actually are but all in all not a bad setup.
Yeah but if you get the c91 set, it'll be slightly larger. They do a great job of stopping which I'm actually surprised. As long as yhe rotors don't warp I'll be happy

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently was draining the white oil condensate from the air tube just after the air box w filter. I cut out the rest of the front of the box in an effort to make air intake easier. On the display my intake air temp went from +6 over ambient to +4. It became more throaty on acceleration but nothing noticeable on performance. I had the old headlights I replaced some time ago and cut the high beam part of the assm out and removed the rear of the housing out too.
Today is nice out and I had to meet the x about an hr away. A drive I’ve made countless times. Typically I’d get 31-33 avg mpg on the trip. It consists of 20 miles of 70mph and the other 40 is 60mph. Yes I do +5mph. Today’s trip w open headlight I got 33 going into a mild wind and 35+ on the return 60miles.
Is this consistent w any other accounts or am I just being overly optimistic?
Yes I do reset the avg for accuracy on each trip.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently was draining the white oil condensate from the air tube just after the air box w filter. I cut out the rest of the front of the box in an effort to make air intake easier. On the display my intake air temp went from +6 over ambient to +4. It became more throaty on acceleration but nothing noticeable on performance. I had the old headlights I replaced some time ago and cut the high beam part of the assm out and removed the rear of the housing out too.
Today is nice out and I had to meet the x about an hr away. A drive I’ve made countless times. Typically I’d get 31-33 avg mpg on the trip. It consists of 20 miles of 70mph and the other 40 is 60mph. Yes I do +5mph. Today’s trip w open headlight I got 33 going into a mild wind and 35+ on the return 60miles.
Is this consistent w any other accounts or am I just being overly optimistic?
Yes I do reset the avg for accuracy on each trip.
Today I cutout the rest of the front of the air box on my 14 limited then cut the high beam pocket and lens out of my original foggy driver side headlight to allow air straight into said air box. Didn’t install direct air headlight but did drive it w cutout box and it sounds a bit louder or throaty when accelerating.
Pretty happy with that.
It’s a 14 limited w no modifications.

·
Registered
9 Posts
-wash
-removed dealer sticker from decklid
-vacuumed trunk
-replaced burned-out fuse for center console power outlet
-removed redundant (extra) pair of rear floor mats

·
Registered
123 Posts
New 17 inch rims arrived. Going to get rid of these 16 inch that were put on at some point in the past. I like the look of the 17 inch that were factory stock. Going to put another month or two on the 16 inch on there right now (snow tires) then get new all season tires, TPMS sensors, and have them mounted to the new rims. Waiting for the center caps to arrive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What are your plans for the 16" rims?
Not sure. I just did a carfax history report, and it shows that the selling dealer "replaced the wheels" before the sale was recorded, so for some reason the dealer swapped the original 17 inch with 16 inch. The vehicle was supposed to come with 17 inch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tinted the taillights finally. Trying to get fully black and white and also if anyone has any info about the ZZP Lowering springs and if they're compatible with the 9C1 models I could really use some help before I purchase them and find out if I can't use them for some reason

·
Registered
2015 Impala 2LT LFX
59 Posts
Got the JacFab Spacer installed finally got a tune revision as well.

Reactions: mattguy31

·
Registered
2015 Impala 2LT LFX
59 Posts
He most definitely does. Go to his site JacFab.net you'll see them on there as the Extendolator

Reactions: Nyccooldude

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you manage to warp the rotors on these cars, you're just hard on brakes. Quit trying to come to a dead stop at the last minute from 60mph lol.

·
Registered
2015 Impala 2LT LFX
59 Posts
If you manage to warp the rotors on these cars, you're just hard on brakes. Quit trying to come to a dead stop at the last minute from 60mph lol.
Where did I say I warped the rotors ? I think you're reading comprehension needs some work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where did I say I warped the rotors ? I think you're reading comprehension needs some work.
Quoted the wrong person my bad. You get a freebie today. Congrats.

7401 - 7420 of 7425 Posts